Her & I went to check out the Christmas Farmers Market & Craft Fair.
We also had lunch at the hall & visited.....other adults.....our own age!
Then we went to little P's house and watched Harry Potter & The Order of The Phoenix.
And we made these! Ok, they were made, we did them up pretty with bows & ribbon.
They're made out of recycled Christmas cards.
I had printed the following poem on stickers, and put them on the bottom!
This is a very special gift, you can never see!
The reason it's so special, it's just for you from me!
Whenever you are lonely or ever feeling blue
You have only to hold this gift, and know I think of you.
You can never unwrap it, please leave the ribbon tied.
Just hold the box close to your heart,
It's filled with love inside!
I'm going to get the girls at the OFH to put them out on Christmas morning.
And if you REALLY think about it, it's not going to go over well with the people with dementia!
But oh well, the rest will appreciate them!
I got pizza in town for supper on my way home.
Saturday night I went & got the tree out of the storage trailer, let it thaw out, set it up and decorated it!
I had brand spankin new lights for the tree, after last years fiasco!
I put the tree up, and ALL. THE. LIGHTS. WORK!
So I guess I'm saving the lights for next year.
I finished these for the staff.
The yellow sheet is my pattern, and they hold a treat size peppermint patty!
Here they're done!
Got all the presents wrapped yesterday, after firing up the snow blower to clear the myriad paths in the yard!
Ray's brother was here for coffee.
He'd come up for a funeral today.
Ray's moms uncle died.
Tomorrow night is Happy HOur at the OFH!
My last Happy Hour as the Recreation Assistant.
I also have one of the Constables from the RCMP detatchment coming for lunch and to talk to my peeps about scams & fraud.
The conversation went like this.
"Hi Gail, this is E G from the Manning detatchment, do you still want someone to come talk about scams & fraud?"
Me: "Yes, I sure do!"
E: "I have a few days off next week."
Me: "NOOOOOO, you have to be in uniform, you look like you're 12, no one will listen to you."
E: "No plain clothes?"
Me: "No, they'll spend the 1/2 hour wondering who's grandchild you are! Can you wear your gun?"
E: "Ok, I'll be in uniform."
Me: "Great, come for lunch!"
E is the youngest RCMP officer we have, he's 23!
And I got the nicest compliment today!
I sent out the blog address to some of my family and dearest friends!
Here's a comment that was e-mailed!
Hello Gail,
Here's some more moose pics for you....I was reading your blog yesterday & thinking what a great idea these blogs are! Your writing style is sweet, felt like I had a nice visit with you.
Take care, Gail & I hope you have a wonderful Christmas this year!
Cheers,
Maya
Hey Maya! You can comment on the posts you know!
So, guys, you ARE. NOT. ALONE!
They just don't comment here, they e-mail me!
Better go.
Ta ta for now!
3 comments:
Love your candy holders. They are wonderful and look really festive! Your other presents and poem are very sweet. You made me mad at myself because you made me laugh out loud with your dementia comment. I just couldn't help it. Best, Curt
Gail
Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a lovely message.
I'd email you too but lost the email address. lol
Love your little boxes and poem.
(also the comment about the dementia :))
Myrna
Don't be mad at yourself Curt, P & I were almost done putting ribbons on them, when I said, "This might not be a good idea for the people with dementia."
Little P: "Ahhh, cause they're empty!?"
E-mailed you Myrna!
Post a Comment