6:00 am
Rays cross shift (log truck go 24 hours a day) called at 5:00 am!
WTH!
I have horrible sleep patterns at the best of times!
Oh well!
It's blizzarding out something fierce!
I'm too close to done to have a snow day!
Happy Hour at the OFH last night was hilarious!
The band ( we have live entertainment for the Birthday PartySLASHHappy Hour once a month), heard it was my last Happy Hour. (Thanks to the floor girl!)
V: "We've heard this is Gails last party with us!?"
J: "Yup, she's retiring!"
R: " I'm a little sad about that, we'll miss her."
V: " I'm gonna miss her helping me haul all my stuff in!"
They then proceded to play Too Old to Cut The Mustard Anymore!
They redeemed themselves by playing Johnny Reid Today I'm Gonna Try and Change the World, and said that where ever I was working and what ever I did next it would be all good.
My friend I: " Doesn't that make you wanna cry?"
Me: "Nope, not after the first song!"
10:00 pm
It's STILL blizzarding out!
I plowed snow all the way up the drive way, shoveled a place to park, shoveled about 50 ft. to the house, and I don't think Ray's gonna make it in the drive way.
AND, I hurt the vans feelings this morning!
I plowed snow with the car many times, the snow just shot out the sides.
With the van it comes up over the hood, and obscures the windshield!
OHHHHHH S%$#, was said a few times on the 2 1/2 miles of backroads to the highway this morning, and I just crawled!
I did say, "Gawd, I'd rather be driving my car."
Hopefully the van doesn't take it personally, and gets me outa here in the morning!
There's a LOT of snow out there, and it's supposed to keep up for a few days yet!
My peeps wanted to go shopping today!
It IS their regular shopping day, but it was soooo miserable out, I put it off until 1:00 this afternoon!
I still had 6 people come, and 3 wore their finest SHOES! WTH!
After wading through 2 feet of snow at 2 stores, most sat in the van, and only 1 or 2 wanted to go in to the other stores!!
That's what happens when you lead a sheltered life!
No clue, as too, the snow, the wind, mitts, hats, boots............I ALWAYS dress like a dork on shopping days in the winter......I'm gonna stay warm!
So I have parka hair (kinda like hat head, only staticky), I'm sore from shoveling, and tired!
Only 4 more days!
I did get the Oh, Christmas Tree ATC's!
I'll take a picture another day to share with you!
Better go!
Ta ta for now!
1 comment:
OMG! Laughing my ass off on the "parka hair". And those silly old people. . . what a hoot! I can't even begin to wrap my mind around that much snow, let alone surviving in it day after day. I'll take my 3 inches here and there any day! Stay warm and safe! Best, Curt
Post a Comment