Monday, December 20, 2010

You Know Dasher and Dancer & Prancer & Vixen..........

After having a mild case of burn out, or whatever.....we won't even go there!
I'm back to being myself!
It's Rays BD today!

The roads on the weekend were horrendous, so Ray offered to take me shopping in PR on Saturday!
I said (horrors & shudder): "I really don't want to do anything today.....how about tomorrow?"
I'm suprised he didn't say, "Who are you, and what have you done with my wife?"!

Of course, not doing anything meant laundry, cooking, etc.!
But I did finish a Sookie Stackhouse novel, they're not Twilight, but they're light reading and make me laugh!
I'm going to start the second last one tonight.
I'll stop at the library tomorrow to see if they have the last one in.
I'll have to pick up some holiday reading!

Did do the grocery run yesterday.
Got the menus all figured out for a few days, Oh I Know Christmas is one of them, and I'll do the bird, which I'd better take out and put in the fridge to unthaw tomorrow!
Friday night we're gonna have Rigatoni Broccoli Bake.
You dirty every pot in the kitchen with that one, but it's a crowd pleaser!
I will put some recipes on here after Christmas for you guys!

Was at my other job, soon to be regular job today.
Got a taste of what being the 'gopher' means!
Hopefully it's not every day! I'll never get anything done!
I had to run to town to the bus depot for freight, and Post Office for the mail, and Gift Cards.
I was in the middle of a bank reconciliation, and we have 4!

I DID get the house vacumed tonight and the floors washed!
And burnt the garbage!
My mom sent a wonderful card, I'll take a picture and show you later!
Also sent money.
She said, and I quote, "Spend it on something you can all enjoy on Christmas Day. I don't care if it's groceries, a maid..............."
Not sure if I'll tell her that the only things I have left to pick up are at the Liquor Store!?
V says S likes Paralyzers! I told her that so does my BFF, so I actually have the stuff to make them!
I also have the stuff to whip up Bartenders Root Beer! mmmmmmmm
And my newest favorite drink of course!
Just need some spiced rum to go with the Egg Nog, and beer, and we're set!
Oh yea, gotta get some apple juice for the Apple Cider....it's a tradition!

Going out for supper with some GF's on Wednesday.....my last paid day at the OFH!
I work all day, done at 4:30, then have to go back for the Christmas light drive at 6:30! Might as well hang out in town, and no better way than going out for Chinese Food!

Gotta remember Wednesday to take the pass word off my computer!
Hahahaha, wouldn't that be funny!?
I've already taken all my stuff off, and lots I just e-mailed to myself.

Better go, have to see if Shadow is warmed up and wants out.
She darn near ran over me when I was coming in from burning the garbage!
It was -25C already.....Supposed to warm up to -7C for Christmas Day!

Ta ta for now!

2 comments:

Myrna said...

Hi Gail
You have a Shadow too. Mine is a 19 or 20 year old cat. lol
Have a wondeful Christmas.
Myrna

Curt in Indy said...

OK, reminders. . .I'm waiting for you to post your recipes, and now you have to post some of the drink recipes too! LOL A "paralyzer"? I can only imagine. Bartender's root beer? Sounds wonderful. Stop all the organizing and cleaning long enough to post some of your wonderful recipes!!!! What kind of a blogger are you anyway??? It's not like you have anything else to do!!!! LOL I so love coming here. I actually feel I'm transported to your world for awhile, and it is so much fun. Best, Curt