And what have you done?
I'm working on that!
The kids will be home today!
The Ordinary Seaman is in the same province as his mother!
And I thought I was happy when he was on the same continent back in October!
I think we'll have a house full of visitors the next 3 days, because everyone knows he's coming home, and wants to see him!
I've got my arsonal of cookbooks out!
I do up everything I can the day before Christmas, so I can relax Christmas Day!
I remember Christmases at home, when we hardly saw our mother......she was busy in the kitchen!
That wouldn't happen in todays world, as most kitchens & living areas are one space. Mine is!
About all I'll have to do tomorrow is cook the bird, make the stuffing and gravy, everything else will be done.
Doing the potatoes, cranberry sauce, salad, vegies today!
And, making an awesome supper tonight! HA!
Wednesday at the OFH, was kinda bittersweet.
It was a GOOD day!
I got stuff!
The manager & staff got me the nicest Christmas centerpiece, an angel, and a basket full of bath stuff!
The residents were sad, but I WILL go visit!
I plan on volunteering once in a while.
Not for a minute though................I was soooo tired last night I wanted to go to bed at 8:30, and that would never do!
As it was, I was in bed by 10:00, and I was up at 5:30 am!
BEL, my full time job now, had a Christmas party last night for all the companies they contract for.
I was sent to PR in the company Tahoe to get the fixins!
I need to go to school to operate even the heat in that sucker!
When I went to back up, a screen on the dash, told me to watch for obstructions behind me, and showed a picture of what was behind! OMG!
I realized it was a GPS, and the backing up stuff was probably a perk!
I had to read the instruction manual to figure out how to put gas in it!
So, I'm going to get my pasta ready for supper tonight.
If I don't talk to you for a few days, have a very Merry Christmas, and I hope you're spending it with loved ones!
Ta ta for now!
1 comment:
Quite the company SUV. I actually rented one a few months ago, and that voice you heard telling you to watch out for obstructions is an onboard rear view camera with a sensor so you don't back over things, or kids, or dogs, etc. Pretty cool stuff. You made me laugh when you said that you had to read the instruction manual so you could put gas in it. You are such a hoot. Best, Curt
Post a Comment