Sunday, December 13, 2009

Hell O

I'm getting a little slack at this....forgive me!
Just can't seem to get caught up! Doesn't help that it took 3 days to get the lights working on the tree and decorated!
I was finishing it Friday, whether all the lights worked or not!
They did, and it's done, and looking beautiful!

I went to the hairdresser yesterday.
Yes I go! Every 2 or 3 months, not nearly as often as I should!
We were talking about the gals at the OFH.
I told her about the Wednesday morning shopping fiasco!
I had about 8 ladies that morning.
I always ask them where they want to go.....some answer and some don't. (That would be the mind reading part of my job!)
The majority wanted to go to the Value Drug Mart.....2 wanted to go to the $ Store, and 1 wanted to go to the clothing store.
I park at the Drug Store. The lady that wants to go to the clothing store is standing on the steps.
Me, "Where are you going?"
She, "The clothing store."
Me, "I'll take you there."
She, "What?"
Me, "I'll take you there."
She, "What?"
(We are not even 2 feet apart.)
Me, "I'LL TAKE YOU THERE!"
She, "Don't shout at me like I'm one of your children, I'm a grandmother."
Me, "SIT DOWN!"

I get those 3 ladies safely delivered to the appropriate side of the street.
Let 2 ladies back in, and show them how the door works for the third, and run across the street to the local paper on an errand for another gal.

By the time I got back to the bus....I was gone maybe 5 minutes. The third gal, having finished at the clothing store, JAYWALKED across the street to the drug store!
Now, have you EVER seen an 80+ year old totter across the street...WITH A WALKER, and the main street is a major highway...think semis!

After all that, I go to Fields, when I ask "Who's getting off here?"
Only one answers.
I ask, as I need to know whos walker to get off.
Only 1 lady answers.
I go to unload her walker, and the clothing store lady is standing up.
Her walker's closest so I grab it.
Go back to unload the walker of  the only person to answer me that she was going in, and the clothing store lady had sat back down.
I see a second person get off the bus, as I reload Mrs. Clothing Store.
I then take the remaining ladies home, because they're finished, and go back to Fields for the 2 shoppers.
One is ready at the door, and I go in to find #2. She's just browing, so is ready.

1/2 an hour later, I'm toodling through the dining room, and one of the ladies said, "Did you know you forgot so&so at Fields?"
Me: "Didn't even know she got off the bus!"
And the thing was I had taken everyone else home, so there was no one to say...."What about so&so?!"

Can't say it's ever boring!

But you know you live in a small town, when a Fields employee drives your stray resident home! hahaha

My hair dresser says, "You should write a book."
"You always see the humor in the situations."
Me, " I have to!"

I wouldn't know where to start!

Would it be with the gentleman that used to come for the day, so his wife could have a rest?
He'd follow around whatever staff were passing by and demand, "When's my wife coming?"
He caught me one day and said, "Where's my wife?"
Me, "She's coming!"
Him, "So is Christ and no one's seen him yet."

Or would it be that every year they do a satisfaction survey.
My responses are in italics.
Out of 25 residents surveyed, I should have 23 active participants in exercises!
I have 11 or 12 on a GOOD day.
They're the kind of survey, that lists every painful comment; like one person wants to play horseshoes.
We need at least 2 to play, and you know what? GO PLAY!
One resident thinks the picnics are too tiring.
So ...... stay home!?
One resident wants different and challenging crafts.
They have no idea what they want to do, I've asked. They're in their 80's! What can they do?
One resident wants more cultural experiences.
We live a million miles from anywhere, and this person will not get on the bus!
Oh yeah it's anonymous, but you hear this shit enough times, you know who said it!
The dining room sometimes is too overdecorated.
I really don't know what to say here, exept is this all you have to worry about?
The living room is full of furniture.
Hello, I'm sorry about that...........refer to previous answer.

Do you see how this goes?!

There's no end, and everyone of the 50+ people living in our facility think they're the only one!
Hardly any of them know their neighbor, and oh crap brother, don't even get me started on the gift exchange for Christmas!

I'm busy getting things ready for next weekend, as that's when I'm cooking the bird.
V will be home, as she's working through Christmas, and going to a friends.
This might be the last time we're all together, as K leaves January 15th!

I'm also trying to get my latest storage cubes made, so that the desk in the craft room will be double the size, as I need to whip up one more Christmas card...... someone wants a purple one!
I sat in there last night, but the palm of my hand that had a blister from putting together 15 cubes was cranky (Read: another blister), so I just poked along and watched The Polar Express.
I only have one more cube to go....this round, but should get my butt in gear, cause I need to run to town.

No comments: