Sunday, December 20, 2009

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Ok, not really, but we're having ours today, as V should be here shortly!
She said she should be home in the morning...hahahahaha!

So far today, I've done the laundry, vacumed, dishes, got the bird stuffed and in the oven, laid on the kitchen floor and took the filter out of the dishwasher and cleaned it.....and gave Shadow her medication!

Shadow & I went to PR yesterday to finish our shopping, get groceries, etc., and she went to the vet!
That's how sick she is.....she GOT IN THE CAR!

I was up at 4:30 am, I know, I know.......to check on her.
She was out of her house, so I ran in and got her harness.
Her harness makes it easier to control her when we go for  a walk.
Well, she lets me think I'M in control when we go for a walk!

At 9:00 am, I called the vet. They asked if I could have her down at 10:30 or 10:45.
I told them I'd try.....so took Shadow's leash outside, and called her, like I was going to take her for a walk.
I lied to the dog to get her in the car!
She came right over to the car....I lifted her front legs in, and give her a push.
I KNOW she's sick, cause she didn't put up a fuss at all!
She was a little unsettled, but once we got going, she just laid on the seat.

So, after a million $$$$'s worth of bloodwork, and an exam, we got a gazillion $$$$'s worth of medication.
Her liver enzymes and stuff were all wonky......maybe she got into something she shouldn't have....I was close with the poison.
I can't believe one of our asshole wonderful neighbors would put poison close to our fence line......we have 160 acres, Shadow doesn't go that far! She has a big yard to look after.

I'm hoping whatever it was, made her sick right away, so she'll associate feeling crappy to whatever it was!
She's feeling a little better. I heard her bark 2 times today, and she's actually spending some time outside her house!

I wanted them to give her shots while I had her there, but, as with people, they don't like to give them if your animal is sick! So next month I'll try to get her in the car again so she can get her shots, and get spayed. I'm just worried that I won't have as easy time!

I got my grocery shopping done while she was at the vets, but she had to come with me to WalMart, Dairy Queen, and get gas! OK, so she stayed in the car.

I was supposed to go to a staff party last night, and had full intentions of going. I even had my $20 gift wrapped up, then Shadow got sick.
We didn't get home until later in the afternoon, and I wanted to get some stuff done....like a good handle on supper for tonight, so when everyone gets here I can sit around and do nothing too!

K called to see if he could bring friends, for supper......I figure the more the merrier!
I'm wondering how long I have to wait to mix myself one of my new favorite drinks!?

Not long I bet...I hear a vehicle! Gotta go.

Ta ta for now!

No comments: