Friday, December 18, 2009

Blue Friday

I think it's really Black Friday or maybe it's Black Sunday, but what ever!
My dog Shadow is outside in her dog house trying to die.
Really.
I'm not being flippant, I'm really heart broken, which is why, tomorrow morning, my son and I are going to wrestle her into the car and take her to the vet.
It's Winter....even though it's above (barely) 0 degrees, my knees are soaking wet, and I'm freezing, from kneeling in front of the doghouse door, trying to coax her to eat or drink, or even come out and play.
She won't.
Or can't......
I just don't know what's wrong.
This is the dog, that's a Great Pyrenese/Collie cross.
The one who never grew into her feet (poor girl), and weighs about 70 lbs.!
And WILL NOT get into a vehicle if her life depended on it!
Well I think it might, so tomorrow she's getting into the car!
I was planning on going to PR anyway....we'll just plan a little side trip to the vet!
Yayyyyy, just what I wanted, but you know....I really like that dog!
I'm hoping it's something little, like maybe she has pnumonia, or has something stuck in her throat. Something easy to fix, and when I get the bill for a million dollars I'll feel like, Gawd....I coulda fixed that myself!
I tried getting her to open her mouth, but she wasn't having any of that!
I warmed her up some sausages, and some milk, because I thought, maybe someone poisoned my dog!?
And after I poisoned the last one....hey hey hey......not intentionally! (*and she lived!)
Anyhooo....I remembered that I had to give her as much milk as she wanted to drink.
But Shadow won't....or can't.
She moves her head, but that's about it.
Maybe someone shot her....damn hunters.
You know the ones I mean.
To me it's legally dark, to them it's like "OMG I think I saw something move." BLAM BLAM BLAM
I'm thinking most of them are pretty poor shots, or they have an awful lot of tags to fill!
But, I digress.
Shadow's been in her house for 2 days now, I miss her jumping at me....sometimes I move at the last minute, and she gets mad!
Sometimes, I don't hear her coming and move soon enough. She's gonna knock me down and I'm gonna break a hip!
She's a solid mutt!
I miss her following me around, and putting the run on her pets.....the cats....all 7 of them. At least there were, maybe some are coyote lunch by now.
Hey, it's a control issue. Mother Nature and all that!?
All our animals are outside animals.
We had a yappy cockapoo for 10 years, until we moved to the farm, and Ray let her out, and she never came back.
Well, it's time for me to go check on the pooch.
I really want her to make it!
I wish in the morning she'd meet me on the step on my way to the pump house with my coffee.

No comments: