Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas Eve

Yippy skippy! I'm done work at the OFH until Tuesday.
We went for the annual light drive last night, and it didn't take us very long.....people didn't have their lights on......OH YES...I could see them, they weren't turned on!
I do have pictures of the Christmas tree etc. and I will go take a pic of my Snow couple outside. Will have to make a minute to post them!
I have more book material!

Yesterday Santa came to help with the residents gift exchange.
One of the residents wasn't in the dining area, so Santa & I went to her room.
I knocked on the door and said, "Someone's here to see you."
She snarled, "Well....SEND HIM IN."
So I did.
The smile on her face was priceless!
She said, "SANTA!"
He said, " I bet this is the first time you've ever invited Santa into your room!?"
She, "Why yes it is."

hahaha

Our Christmas on Sunday was a blast!
Good food, good friends, family...that's all you need!
I think everyone was happy, and fun was had by all.

Then Monday night we had movie night.
We watched "The Hangover."
It WAS pretty funny!

Now I'm home, got the vacuming & laundry done.
I'm drinking spiced rum & eggnog! Life is good!
Might even go flop on the couch!

Shadow's feeling better.
Yesterday she even ran for a minute, and today she's laying on the step, on top of the rugs I threw out to shake when I vacumed!
I figure she can lay there all day if she wants.
Can you say SPOILED MUTT!
Already fed her the liver pill!
Yesterday she spit it out, but I made her eat it!
She's got antibiotics for 21 days, liver pills for a month, and a liquid for on her food until it's gone!

Not planning on doing too much tomorrow!
My craft room is almost functional!
V brought me another piece on Sunday...have to put that together....then there'll be no stopping me!
And I do have some ideas for my Christmas cards for next year...that's right, I make them after Christmas so they're done.
I also joined a Tag Exchange on the Fiskateers site.
My mom got me a gift certificate to Michaels.......Have I mentioned that she's an enabler!?

And then....earlier this month the bank took 2...TWO payments out of my account to cover a couple of DH's payments. We have weird money issues in this house. There are things I pay for, and things he pays for, but someone in this household doesn't work steady. We both have our own accounts.
So I was upset about the first payment....and went balistic over the second one.
I'm closing that account. Just not gonna put any money in it, and then 6 months or a year from now the bank will call and say, "Your account hasn't been active and we're going to close it."
And that will be fine with me.
I also bank with the other bank in town.
I had told K about it, because I was worried that the vehicle insurance, which comes out monthly....wouldn't!
I said, "That's a lot of money in December." ( For some reason, Christmas is one of the things I pay for....food, presents, cards...you get the picture)
K said, "Is that why we didn't have salad with our meal on Sunday?"
I said, "Yea, cause I couldn't afford it!"
Isn't he just a smartass?


When I got home from work, the bank had called, and I was supposed to call back.
Oh Oh, I thought. They're on to me, and want to make things miserable!
I called, and actually got the lady that called here and left the message.
Me: "Hi this is Gail!" (Small town, I can just say that!)
Her: "Oh, thanks for calling! How's your Christmas so far?"
Me: "We had Christmas on Sunday, so I'm done, the pressure's off!"
Her: "It's not quite done."
Me: "HUH?"
Her: "You bought one of the donation squares for our fund raiser, and you won the Grand Prize!"
Me : "No way!?"
Her: "Yup, you won the $500.00! And if you're in town before 3:00 pm you can pick it up."
Me: "I just got home, so I won't be coming to town until...."
Her: " We're open Tuesday. Do you want us to put it in your account so you can spend it?"
hahahahaha
How ironic is that!?
Me: "No, I'll pick it up Tuesday....Thanks a LOT!"

Isn't life funny sometimes!?
And I'm still closing that account!

Ta ta for now!

No comments: