Thursday, October 15, 2009

TGIT

Almost TGIF!
I have lemon loaf in the oven, and I screwed up the unbaked cookies!
Go figure!
Bakerella I'm not!
http://www.bakerella.com/
Martha Stewart either.....don't listen to those other Rec. Asses!
I don't think I boiled the cookies long enough, and I used cream instead of milk!
Never again!
Oh well, they're for the Library Open House tomorrow night. I put them in not quite bite sized Halloween cupcake papers I found in my pantry!
I'm sure they'll work.
Already made some Pepper Jelly Tarts, and one of the Lemon Loaves are going on my best Halloween tray for tomorrow!
That would be one of those funky, tacky, plastic $ store ones!

I figured out why my "O"'s took soooo long to get to Texas!
I got the mailman from the lodge to mail them. And he did.
When I mail them, I make them put a sticker on for Customs, write down what it is, and put a value of 5 or 10 bucks on it. Then it can be tracked! It's only an extra $1.00 for that!
Cause I mailed my flowers on Tuesday!
We'll see how long they take to get there!

Here they are....I'm gonna take a picture of everything now!
Charity, the one doing the Halloween Banner swap, must have done the same thing!
Just mailed them!
Oh well....there's next Halloween.

Gonna start decorating the lodge tomorrow for Halloween! Whoo hoooo!

The weather was lovely today! Got above 0 for a minute!
Shadow's outside barking at something or nothing!
She barked all night last night!
She's a little bored I think with just the cats for pets!
NO buffalo, and NO horses next door!
She's even taken to chasing things; not only in her big 160 acre yard, but in her air space as well!
I'm not sure what she'd do if she ever caught a Raven or a Goose!

Vanessa texted me this morning! She got my Crop a Dial (Crop o Dial? not sure) from Michaels with a coupon!
She was just home with my last wish list, and I sent her back for more!

Dianne also texted me, and said she was house sitting at Glorias and did I want tomatoes?!
I said, "I don't have time this weekend."
She said, "We froze them."
I said, "Ok, I'll do some another day."

I'm also hostess Monday night for the Stamp Club, so have to save some goodies for then too!
Not sure how lunch will go over, cause everyone seems to be in Weight Watchers!
Hint, Hint!

As I hurried to work this morning, cause I just can't get my butt in gear, when it's still dark, I was dreading winter! I go to work in the dark, and come home in the dark.  It's depressing!
The only great thing about this morning was the sunrise....which I'm happy to say; happens around 7:40 am instead of 5:00 or 5:30 am!


Another depressing thing is going to the punp house for a smoke.
The aereation pump gets noisier by the year! Holy moly, can't even hear yourself think! I'm thinking that's the reason I've cut WAY down on the cigarettes! It's enough to make me want to quit! Okay, I'm gonna think about that one!

The book I'm reading the residents at the lodge is about the pilot Wop May. I want to call it Heroes with Wings, but I know that's not it!
Anyhoo, I read for about 45 minutes, then shut the book, and the ladies & I started talking, and my gentleman that comes to story time says with his thick accent, "THASSSIT?"
I took a slurp of water, and read another chapter!
He's really great!
Every once in a while when I'm passing through the dining room he says, "Story time?"
And I say, "Not today!"
So today on my way through, I said, "It's story time, Come on, !"

Better go, I have mom's Halloween card to finish, and ideas for a few more cards.
And the Lemon Loaf should be ready to come out of the oven soon.

Ta ta for now!


No comments: