Saturday, October 24, 2009

Stay At Home Saturday and a new computer!

I'm connected!
It only took several hours to transfer all the porn stuff off my old computer!
Not really, didn't take long at all! Worked like a charm that external hard drive!
Now I( just have to make sure I've got everything)....and I will between what's left of today and tomorrow.
Had to make a quick trip to town to the local computer store!
This new computer has no modem for dial up!
Can you believe it!
So I got it installed, spent a bunch more money while waiting, and then came home and hooked everything up AGAIN!
Then called "Thank You for Choosing Telus" cause I'd forgotten my password for the dial up connection!
That helpful soul told me dial up was ......get this...... "vintage!"
Yup....I told him "You know yur a redneck when.....!"
Guess I'll try wireless in the near future, after I check into how many millions they'll extort want for that. He told me it hooks to the USB port, yup, that's it, away you go!
Only IF, and that's a big IF, we have a really good cell phone connection!
I didn't bother telling him that when we moved here, and didn't have a REAL phone, we had to climb to the highest point of the yard (Just like in Green Acres)...sometimes it was the tractor tire to get cell reception!
And speaking about 'vintage', we had a bag phone for over a year! Anyone remember those?
Sure couldn't walk around with that!

I'm on my token 100 loads of laundry for the day. Okay, it's 4, fifth one going in right away!
Supper's in the slow cooker (stew), and bread machine (dill)!
I've done dishes, cleaned 1 bathroom, and not a lot else!

Oh, I did work on my Thank You cards I want to get done....that will be later today!
I did a bit on them when I got up this morning at 8:00 am. I might really like this 'Stay at Home Saturday'!

As I was hanging out the 4th load of laundry, cause it is kind of nice out, and it's really a blustery day, I noticed 2 dandelions fighting for their lives! Come on! It's getting to the end of October, we've already had a frost or 2 and snow even!

I passed up a cheap trip to Vegas with friends! Don't know if I mentioned this, but my friend Dianne called me at work yesterday and asked, "If I wanted to go to Vegas on November 9-14 really cheap with (insert a whole whack of girlfriends names here), for something like $399.00!

I said, "I can't." :(
I can't because
a) My baby needs a ride to Edmonton one of these days for some tests for the Armed Forces, Air Forces, or Navy, whichever one he's deciding on.
and
b) I'm hoping my mom will be in the city when we go!
I wanted to go from November 11-14th.
Kalen will have to wait until he hears from the powers that be in those departments!
He's fretting cause he hasn't rented out the top part of his house yet, and his friend Kendra is fretting cause she doesn't have a job at the end of the month!
I told them, "Everything will work out." It usually does.

Vanessa's friend is not coming until tomorrow with my latest Michaels treasure!
Too bad it wasn't today, cause supper's gonna be good.
But I'll be whipping up something tomorrow too!

Better go, got a few things to do while it's still light outside!

Ta ta for now!

No comments: