I took my peeps to the Harvest of Music last night in Peace River!
We almost didn't get to go, as I need 6 for a trip out of town, and 4 cancelled.
That left just 5 + me!
I made an executive decision and said ,"We're going anyway...I'm going to count myself!"
Then one of the residents changed their minds, and off we went!
We went to Smitty's for supper, and got to the Athabasca Hall at 6:20 pm, just like we were told to!
They had reserved seats for us right at the front!
I have a confession to make..........I'm not a Bluegrass or Country Gospel fan, but I thoroughly enjoyed last night!
All the Entertainment was AMAZING!
It was a wonderful evening, & by the time I unloaded my peeps and put the bus away it was 11:40 pm!
I did not get home until MIDNIGHT!
Funny thing was, just when I drove up to unload, there was a police pickup coming down the street!
He stopped to watch for a minute!
We laughed, and I said, "He probably thinks someone is stealing the Handi Van to go for a joyride!lol
Ray came home last night just after midnight.
I was reading in bed.
He said, "We shut her down early tonight. I didn't think you'd still be up!"
I said, "I just got home!"
Ray, "You were out with the residents until midnight?!"
Me, "Yup!"
And fun was had by all!
This morning I was running through my head what needed to be done today.
Bake for tomorrow, vacum, wash the floors, laundry, nap, etc., etc., etc!
I must have did
The last one just quit in the dryer! I hung most of them up outside.
Cleaned 2 bathrooms, and did the shower curtains & rugs!
It had to be clean sheet day today, because I wasn't home all day yesterday!
So did both beds, then did all the bedding on the spare bed! Well, I dunno, cause it was a wonderful day in the neighborhood, and nothing smells better than bedding hung outside!?
I vacummed, and no I DID NOT VACUM UP ANYTHING IMPORTANT (to me anyway) THIS TIME!
Washed the floors.
My friend Dianne came for coffee, and set me back a little! Alrighty, that's just an excuse! She really didn't! She called to say she was coming & I told her I'd try to be dressed by the time she got here!
I took the wheelbarrow and Shadow, and walked to the back 40 to get some straw for her house!
We slogged through the gumbo, GOD, that stuff's awful when it's wet! So me and the wheelbarrow weighed a LOT more than when we left the yard, and coming back I felt like one of theose people with a rickshaw it was piled so high! Of course I brought too much straw, so I stuffed what I could in Shadows' house, and wheeled the rest into the woodshed.
I'll see if I can cram some more in there tomorrow.
She was cozy in her house! Didn't come out for a long time!
I baked my famous Pepper Jelly Tarts for tomorrow night. (Stamp Club)
I also baked my famous individual Mini Chocolate Cheesecakes!
Oh what the heck, most everything I bake is famous! HA!
I think I have it all under control!
I also made a pasta salad, cause hey...I might get hungry yet tonight!
I took some pictures today!
I tried to take a picture of my very favorite Halloween candle holder!
It's a witches house, and it's in between the goofy looking pumpkins!
Didn't turn out so well....I'll have to take one in the daytime!
This is the buffet looking Halloweenie!
As Dianne said, "You sure got a lot of that Halloween shit!"
And here is my little ghost family outside.
They're looking a little sad & dirty! The darn cats lay on them when they're deflated!
I think my back is sore cause I'm tired, and just haven't had a minute to relapse! It'll be better tomorrow!
Better go....I'm getting hungry for some pasta salad, and I have to make my lunch for tomorrow!
And I REALLY need 20 minutes to finish mom's Halloween card! It has to be mailed this week!
I know, get off of here and do it!
I've been trying! You DO KNOW I only have dial up, and AVON is online now! I need something to do while I'm trying to place orders, or printing off invoices....!
Ta ta for now!



No comments:
Post a Comment