Hope you've all had a wonderful week!?
Thought I'd get to take it easy this week, NOT!
What was I thinking!?
I DID get the fire pit cleaned out last night.
In spite of the
I took Shadow to the vet for her check up last Saturday!
She has a sty in her eye, that I'm treating with a tea bag!? Go figure.
One of my friends said that when they were little, their mom used to steep a tea bag, and rub the warm bag in their eye, and the sty went away....guess what!? It's working!
The vet took a picture of it, and said if it was still there in a couple weeks I needed to take her back!
It's almost gone!
I'll also have you know that Shadow, the cats I could catch (and I) have all had our worm treatment for the next 6 months! OI!
Friends of the Manning Library had a meeting Tuesday....We have casino money to spend.
I'm afraid we might not be friends during the process!
Went out for dinner with the gf's on Wednesday.
Thursday night I went to a concert!
It was at our local movie theatre!
They need a digital projector, so were doing a fund raiser!
The almost sold out crowd listened to Cassey Walker and Duane Steele!
It was really nice, and there wasn't thousands of screaming people!!!
There were kids though, and after the intermission, when Duane said he wouldn't keep us very long.....
one kid in the front row piped up, "Yeah, we got school tomorrow." LOL!
I think we need to help our little theatre out.
It would be sad if it had to close down!
On the agenda for today is to start Shadow's trim for the summer!
Ask Ray what's going on in the woodshed!?
He's got stacks of wood inside & out!
Put a couple shingles on Shadow's house.
Dump the wagon on the quad; it has the fire pit remains in it!
I have a roast in the slow cooker already!
Got a jump on the laundry by doing a load & hanging it out last night!
And if I get a minute the new challenge is up over at CCAYR!
Also, the house could use a vacum & mop!
It's windier than heck out right now, and the wind is cold!
Supposed to be warm later!
I sent Kalen a cookbook with a bread recipe in it;
I was looking for it when he was here...him and his roommate are bakers it seems!
It was a Charlie Brown cookbook one of the first book orders one of the kids made in school in Grade 1 from Scholastic Books.
The recipe is All Star White Bread!
I can't for the life of me find a link!!!
Of course I made him a card.
Got the inspiration here!
This week on my way to work I saw a herd of elk.
Some deer!
And these next pictures are for my friend Barbara!
I think it's last years calf, and it looks like it has ticks!
That's all I got!
Have a wonderful weekend everyone, and thanks to those of you that keep track of me with e-mails!
It's been really busy at work, but hopefully I've visited most of you!
Ta ta for now!
9 comments:
Gail
OK I am NOT going to comment on how busy you are. lol Glad to know you got the firepit emptied. Did you get to sit by it with a fire when you were done, inbetween rain showers of course.
Love the wild life pics.
Great card for Kalen.
Rain and snow here. yuk
Myrna
Ah! There might be other moose-crazy Barbaras about but your pictures really did speak to ME! ;-) Thanks so much for posting them - and good luck with all your appointments and chores... Some mopping needed to be done here as well and as we have steady rains as well I guess I pass on my regular visit to the Botanical Gardens. Enjoy your Sunday!
Wow, you have been busy!! With a week like that I'm surprised you found a time to make a card at all. And what a lovely card it is! Great for a man. If I send a man a card, he better love cute critters and polka dots, because that's all I've got! LOL.
I love your card Gail so simple and elegant just love it , that compass is fab, How fabulous that you see such great creatures on your way to work , fabulous that you were there to snap the elk jumping the fence .
Hugs Elaine
Sorry it has taken so long to comment. Sat was Relay Day. Sun was resting day and today is catch up day.
Your pics are great. You are so fortunate to be able to see all the wildlife. We have lots here but we also have trees with few open spaces. The animals are very good at hiding :-).
What a great "man" card you made. Love it.
Wonderful card, I love the monochrome neutral colour scheme. Great photos of all the wildlife too! Funny how they stop and stare at people or even pose for photos - I wonder if they are thinking 'oh look, humans!'? Hope the weather has warmed up for you - it sure has in my part of the province.
Hugs
Wow Gail, you seem to be very busy but enjoying life. What fantastic wildlife you have, I wouldn't want to hit one of those huge elk creatures, LOL. Loved your card and fab photos.
Sandy
Lovely card & great pictures. Thanks for sharing x
hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.co.uk
Im just passing by , stopped to say Have a nice weekend Gail Hugs Elaine
Post a Comment