Friday, May 18, 2012

CCAYR May Challenge

The Challenge this month over at Christmas Cards All Year 'Round:

We would like you to create a card inspired by your favourite Christmas carol or song. When posting your card on your blog, please mention the carol or song that has inspired your creation.

Here's mine!



The song is pretty self explanatory!

I think I must have a contest going with my friend Theresa!
I made 6 cards, "Deck the Halls with Boughs of Holly" and decided there wasn't a bough of holly to be seen, so this was the second attempt!
Half way through these 6, I realize that the 'boughs' I was using sure weren't holly!
After a frantic look through the Christmas paper........
believe it or not, the triangle rectangle of red at the bottom is HOLLY!
OMG! You'd think this was my first rodeo!
Fa-la-la-la-la...............

There's still time for you to get in on the challenge!

Have a great long weekend peeps!
Monday's Victoria Day here in Canada!

Talk to ya later!

Ta ta for now!

8 comments:

brenda said...

Very elegant Gail.

Hope you have a lovely weekend.

B x

Myrna said...

Gail
Great card. Love the colors.
Myrna

downrightcrafty said...

love the vintage feel to this card, great choice of carol
Hugs Kate x

Theresa said...

I love your card. Very Christmasy.
At first, I thought the red rectangle was stamped with bleach, but then I reread and saw that you used DP. That is lovely paper.
I really like the background oval. Is that a cutting die or is it a Cricut cutout?
I am not on the computer as much. Usually only once a day. Busy, busy.
I almost have my Christmas room emptied. There are huge gaping areas in my basement where stuff used to be. I'm getting there :-).

Lynnette said...

Love your card, Gail. It is very pretty. I love the color combination that you used. I must get to work on Christmas tags. I will be cutting the tags out with my cricut this year and hope to make most of the images this way. Last year i used punches and cut out the images and by the time I did 189 tags I thought my right thumb had nerve damage in it because it tingled so bad afterwards. It is better now but i don't want to risk it happening again.

Ciska said...

Hi Gail, lovely story about making this card/these cards, love the end result! Thank you for playing along with our monthly challenge at CCAYR, hope to see you back next month :)

angelwhispers said...

Beautiful Christmas card Gail just superb! Chanelle xx

Unknown said...

Hi Gail ,
Well , I’m back and I have the rest of today free so as to catch up on everyone’s creations since I have been away refurbishing my old house.
I adore reading the blog’s and looking at all the lovely cards and projects, almost as much as making the cards myself.
Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog , its so nice to keep in touch.
I think this is where I left off, I hope you are well Gail, this Christmas card is lovely ,what great papers , I still havn't made a christmas card yet !.
I like the look of your potatoes, wow ......all that planting ! but I bet its worth it. How funny about the heavy urn, I do things like that , I go to the garden centre , stock up and then wonder how am I going to get things out of the car myself.
I love your house mouse card its so cute and the card with the spotty flowers on is fab,what great colouring and I like that stamped image.
Your angry birds card with the sling is such fun , fabulous work .
Great work well done ,
Hugs Elaine