And I'm glad you're my friends!
I've got a few things to show you that I've been saving, and you'll be happy to know that not one of them has to do with Christmas!
It's my friend Heathers' birthday today.
And since she's sworn off the internet, Facebook, etc., I'm gonna show you the card I made for her!
She's a tea drinker, and there's even a tiny envelope out of hurt your eyes birthday paper inside that's holding a tea bag!
I had another friend that left Facebook, and was back within a month! HA!
We're taking H out for supper next Tuesday.
This deer was at Walmart on Saturday....no kidding!
The street goes up behind him and to the right into the Walmart parking lot!
This next one is the set of 6-3 X 3 Thank You cards I made for a swap.
They should have arrived in Ireland by now, so I'm letting you see them!
Not a great picture, but the little white flower is a metal flower that Vanessa found for me at Michaels.
This next pic is the case for the little cards, and I added a quilled snowflake inside!
I also put foam between the cards, and tied them with ribbon,
so the flowers wouldn't wreck anything in their travels!
This next one shows how cold it STILL is here!
I'm hoping this is counting as March coming in like a lion!
It's even colder with the windchill, and I'm getting cranky going out to do the chores,
and coming in looking like a racoon!
All the paths need to be snowblowed, because they're drifting in,
but I'm not doing it until it at least warms up to -20!
WITH.NO.WIND!
ON the + side, it's still light out right now....sorta!
I'm skipping out on a meeting tonight.
BAD Gail.
Just tired; Ray's cross shift has been calling before 5 am again this week, so the whole house gets up!
I finally remembered to ask Kalen if he got his Valentine, and here's what he said.
Yes, I got my valentine, it was beautiful! Sits on my desk at work.
Better go, I really am going to make some cards, that don't have anything to do with Christmas....yet!
But hey.....CCAYR will have a new challenge up tomorrow or the next day!
Ta ta for now!
3 comments:
Wow Gail, You blew me away with these. Love the iris folding tea pot. Want to enable me some more and tell me where you found the template? lol
I like iris folding, in fact, that was basically what started me on this card making thing. Your friend will love it. Great thank you cards.
You do great work.
The pic of the deer is so cute. I love to see them. We live right in the middle of Calgary but there is a wee green strip in front of my place and they come there once in awhile.
Myrna
Wow! Lots of wonderful eye candy! Love the teapot card and your 3 X 3's are super. Love them and the case for them. But my burning question is this. . .what do deer purchase at Walmart? LOL Best, Curt
Love your Iris folded tea pot. This technique is very labour intensive and you are definitely a master at it.
That's a long trip for those little thank you cards and I bet they are well received at the other end of their trip...wish I could have made the trip with them!
Post a Comment