Friday, February 4, 2011

Ever Notice That The People Who Tell You to Calm Down Are The Ones That Got You Mad in The First Place!?-Maxine

Nope, I'm not mad.....just having issues this week with my fellow Friends of the Library, the Library Board,  the town council, and the (ex?) librarian; I'll get over it! Or maybe The Friends of the Library will un friend me!
TGIF!

And the news makes me cranky..........if it is news!
I don't watch the news on TV cause it just makes me sad.
I DO know what's going on in the world, I do Not live under a rock; I just like to read about it.
Here are some headlines for today!

    Obama challenges Egypt's president: Consider your legacy
  • Army denies Arlington cemetery burial for Hmong general

  • Sarah Palin's bid to trademark her name refused - for now

  • Vatican says Pope Benedict no longer an organ donor

  • Son of former Enron President Jeffrey Skilling found dead

  • Lawsuit: Mets owners owe Madoff victims $300 million

  • Two Canadians die swimming in Mexican resort town

  • Former B.C. teacher guilty in murder of pregnant wife

  • Ont. woman fights off shark while swimming in Mexico

  • Ice falls from Super Bowl stadium roof injuring six

  • Man caught driving 170 km/h over speed limit in Quebec

  •     Miley Cyrus adds another tattoo to her growing list

    Seriously!? Miley Cyruses tattoo is in there with the breaking news stuff.........oh bother!
    That's what I'm talkin about folks!

    Okay, so I just popping in to tell you to have a great weekend!

    I have a few pictures for you, and not one of them includes all my Stampin' Up goodies. But I'll tell you what I got.
    The Big Shot, 3 double sided embossing templates, a spider web template (embossing), some filler plates for the Big Shot, 5 stamp sets, 2 sets of designer paper, a Stampin around wheel, 2 sizes of envelopes, and that might be about it. All for less than $100.00 Canadian! I played last night! Gotta find a spot on my desk for the Big Shot, cause I know; out of sight, out of mind!

    I'm working on my cards for CCAYR!
    Decided what I want to do, so need to crochet 5 flowers...yeah, I do that too!

    Alrighty, stay tuned for the pictures.

    I'm not sure what these chubby little fellers are! Grouse? Ptarmigans?





    The weather warmed up again this week, and these guys were everywhere!
    The first pics were when I turned into the driveway, just under the neighbors fence, there was about 6 of them!


    This one was in the yard at work. He had friends too, I just couldn't get them all!
    This next one is a sunrise out my office window!
    Yeah, I go to work in the dark!


    This picture is of the Valentine card Ray & I got from the kids......doesn't it just make you go awwwwwww!?



    There you have it.
    It also rained last night and most of the day.
    Which is not good when the temperature's hovering around 0 degrees!

    The mechanic at work came in at noon and told me he'd had enough fun, he was going home.
    I said: "Oh, what did you do?"
    Him: "Well Gail, when you get out to the highway, you have to stop, even thought the sign's not there."
    Me: "Oh, where did it go?"
    Him: "I took it out when I hit the ditch trying to get on the highway with the service truck."
    Me (cause I'm tactless) "hahahahahaha!"
    You KNOW if that was me I"d never hear the end of it.
    Him; "Didn't do any damage to the truck."
    I didn't ask! I was still laughing!

    So have a great weekend people, I'll try to have some crafty pictures for you by Monday!

    Ta ta for now!

    2 comments:

    Bonnie Weiss said...

    You have one crazy sense of humour girl ... I love it!!!!

    Curt in Indy said...

    Your photos are wonderful. That sunrise is so beautiful. Love those "fluffy" birds. And you laughing at that poor man. . .I actually laughed too! I am a news junkie. . .I have news on all day long (Fox news channel). We live in a crazy world don't we? And OK, you answered my previous question about the crocheting. I need to start from the bottom and work my way up. If I had done that this time, I would have been better prepared for the "second coming" of the Christmas card!!! LOL Best, Curt