Monday, January 10, 2011

Well done is better than well said. -Unknown

Hellooooo people!

I hurried home from work today, so I could get my Lemon Loaf made, and yes, before you groan, without further ado, here's the recipe! :)

Lemon Loaf

1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 cup sugar
2 Eggs
1/2 cup milk

1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
Grated rind of 1 lemon
Don't chuck the lemon, you're gonna need it later!

Cream butter, sugar & eggs.
Add milk.
Add flour, baking powder, salt & lemon rind.
Stir to moisten. (I put mine in the mixer, and beat the crap out of it......it doesn't matter!)
Put into greased loaf pan 9 X 5 X 3 inch.
Bake at 350F for 1 hour, or until done.
Remove from oven and glaze.
Cool 10 minutes in pan, and remove.
Cool & wrap.

Glaze
Juice of 1 lemon, and 1/4 cup sugar.
Heat the lemon juice up in the microwave, add the sugar & stir until sugar is dissolved.
Spoon evenly over loaf.

I use parchment paper........A LOT!
Don't need to grease the pan, and it can stay in the pan to cool, and all the glaze soaks in.
This cuts better after it's been cooled and refridgerated overnight or so!

I also have a zester from Lee Valley Tools, my mom gets the coolest stuff!

Wheeeeeoooooooo..............got that out of the way!

I was busy this weekend in the craft room.
Made my cards for the CCAYR January Challenge!

I made my mom & DD their Valentine cards.




They turned out how I wanted them too......I DID try a few different colors of pink, but the neon won out!
Remember I told you I got the idea here!?
I played a lot of the weekend, because it snowed most of the weekend!
Here's the fire pit!



And the frog guarding the outhouse, and the 'get in line' bench' are almost under the snow!





I've got to get an envelope to get my 'Thank You' swap cards on their way!

I'm working on a Valentine for K, but it hasn't came together yet!
I'm sure it will.

Hope you all had a wonderful day!

Ta ta for now!

2 comments:

Curt in Indy said...

OK, so much to say. . .

Please tell me you have indoor restroom facilities. . .

The lemon loaf will be a big hit for Jay! He loves lemon anything, so I will make it for him. Laughed out loud regarding the "beat the crap out of it" line.

I still don't get where the idea came from for your tree Valentines. . .I must be so dense or just focusing on the fact that I do have that stamp but haven't used it in forever and your cards now gave me the idea to pull it out. . .

Simply looking at that snow stresses me out! How in God's name do you guys deal with that?!?!? And speaking of all that snow, PLEASE tell me you have a bathroom inside!!!! LOL

Best, Curt

Gail L said...

Curt...BREATHE!
We have 2 bathrooms inside!
I'm sure Jay will LOVE the Lemon Loaf, it's awesome!
I got the idea for the Valentine tree from reading your blog, seeing your cool tree card, then checking out your new stamps with the bare, add anything to it; tree.
I didn't have a 'bare' tree stamp, but I have a stamp set called 'confetti', that had those little hearts in it!
Once again...we DO have indoor facilities, the outhouse is a novelty, gets used lots in the summer, is a big hit with kids, and when I'm whippersnipping I don't have to undress to go use a bathroom in the house!
RELAX!