Monday, January 24, 2011

And Now For My Next Trick...............

OMG! There's NO end!

Saturday, I picked up my friend P from town and off we went to PR.
I had the van booked in for warranty; we left early cause it was -20, and the highways were icy with blowing snow.
Shopped til we dropped, and came home in slush and +4!
There's another 'Ya know ya live in Alberta when' tale for ya!

Told Ray I didn't think the sewer was pumping out, cause it smelt really 'bad' on the north side of the house AGAIN!
 I'm thinking too bad I have raised gardens, I'd never need to fertilize! eeewwwwww!

I walk out to the back 40, and Ray's yelling at me from the tank by the house.
The wind is howling like a freight train, (I did buy him walkie talkie's one year just for that), I can't hear anything, so I make my way back to the house!
Ray: "Is it froze up?"
Me: "I don't know, but I picked the hose up off the ground."
Ray said a few words, that, if I hadn't waited tables & cooked in a truck stop at one time, might have been new to me!
Apparently, in the last unthawing of the sewer, he cut the hose off, thinking it was too long.
It didn't know it was supposed to sit nicely in the little Y thingy!

He gets some wire to tie it up, sticks the wire in the hose, and says a few more choice words when it doesn't go in very far!

We got it unthawed again, and always the glass half full kinda girl, I say, "Least it was warmer today and not -30 like Monday when you did it the first time!"
I'm sure he appreciated that!

Hopefully we're done unthawing! If it does it again, I think he'll have to haul the pump up and give it a scrub....and what a shitty job that will be!
Literally!

I've started scrap booking the pictures we were sent at Christmas.
That will take a minute!

It's stamp club tomorrow night, and I've already made the cheese ball.
Gonna put it with crackers, and do fruit & dip.
I'll let you know what we make!

Gotta go...ta ta for now!

1 comment:

Curt in Indy said...

OMG, the trials and tribulations of Canadian winters and pumps! I've said it before and I'll say it again, I just couldn't do it! The temps alone would kill this pampered city boy! LOL Best, Curt