Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I Should Be .............

Getting stuff ready for morning!

I've had quite the day!

Updated all the computer stuff at work yesterday, mangaed to save it even....twice, got there this morning, and couldn't open the program!
About twice a year I think that Simply Accounting really isn't all that SIMPLE!?

Hauled the computer to the computer store, and 1 & 1/2 hours later I was good to go......forgot to mention that there's more than one company on there.............oh well, next time I need a couple free hours.......

Came home today, cleaned off the roof, filled the wood furnace, came in, took my stuff off, and realized we needed a loaf of bread in here!
Seriously, did I think one was goin to run across the yard!?
My friend H was horrified when I put the freezer in a shed across the yard.
She said and I quote, "I whine if I have to go downstairs for something out of the freezer; and you're going to walk all the way across the yard!"
Got dressed back up, It's VERY COLD with the wind, and fetched a loaf of bread!

Yesterday this guy was napping by the driveway.


I screeched to a halt, ok it's winter, I slid to a halt, and took some pics before he escaped over the neighbors fence! He's not very big, so he's either a runt, or someone shot his mom.

I made the following card up last night.
What do ya think?!
A guy Valentine?
Cause I made it for K.
Hopefully he'll let me know when he starts reading this, and I won't post stuff til after he gets them!
It's an easel card. I made it 5" X 5".


As you can see, I'm a little out of practice with my Iris Folding!
I glue instead of tape (not so bulky), so I couldn't fix it without doing the whole thing again!
He'll never know!
I whipped up another card (iris folded), not a heart, tonight. That one I screwed up near the end, but I managed to fix it!
Can't show you that one, it's a birthday card and H actually reads this once in a while!

This is the stamp my mom gave me when we got together at the Family Rebellion this year.
I always try to remember to stamp every envelope!


I think she had to order it from somewhere!
I sent her on a mission next time she crosses the line. (Border)
She's looking for an ATC stamp for me.
I've been looking in Michaels, but you know how it goes.
When I'm on to making something else, they'll show up all over!

I stopped for coffee at the $ Store yesterday, and H told me that a guy that came in earlier was pretty excited. Bouncing off the walls!
S got my job at the OFH!
He's so excited. He'll be great, he's very outgoing, a real people person!
I congratulated him, and told him not to let me down!

Better go.

Ta ta for now!

4 comments:

Curt in Indy said...

LOVE that stamp Gail! How fun. The photo of the moose is awesome. . .however, your description was not. . .it was like watching the Bambi movie all warm and fuzzy until you know his mother was shot! LOL Thanks for that little trauma in my day! :P
Best, Curt

Gail L said...

Curt, I'm sorry if you'll need to spend the next few years in therapy...such is life.
You can imagine his momma napping in the other ditch. My SIL has fits, thinks I'm gonna end up getting between a baby (anything) & it's mom. I. DID.NOT.GET.OUT.OF.MY.VEHICLE!!!!

Myrna said...

Gail
Loved the pic of the moose. Lucky you.
The card is great and made me think I better get my iris folding stuff out of mothballs.
One of these days I will get a card done.
Where do you get your patterns?
Myrna

Gail L said...

Hi Myrna, glad you stopped by.
I have a book called 460 Iris Folded cards to make. Earlier this year (last year) I made a promise to myself to make at least 1 card out of every book I had.
And I admit it, I have at least a dozen, then I have magazines!
I can send you some patterns if you like...it has everything!