Sunday, September 13, 2009

SSSSSuper sunday!

I only call it that, cause I'm wondering how much longer I can work like crazy around the house on my one day off a week!? (And stay sane!? Too Late!)
Last weekend, the kids & I went camping!
Ray didn't want to come and by the second day I was thinking there was a method to his madness! OK, it wasn't that bad.
We went (again) to Hilliards Bay, to Wayne & Elaines'. Rays sister Marlene and her husband Randy were there too!
Went fishing once Saturday afternoon. So, games were played.

This is Kendras "I hate it when I'm not prepared" face! She sang for us....hey I didn't ask, it was Marlene!

Sunday it was windy, so we never went fishing until about supper time!
Then we ALL caught a fish! I never thought to take a picture in the boat when Kendra & Jason caught theirs, so I asked at the fish cleaning stand if they wanted to hold one for a picture.
First the instructions on how to hold it:

Then, and I must tell you, this lovely photo was taken

after a LOT of these! hahahahaha

Jason read a lot

Paul Bunyon was there

Fun was had by all! Well I haven't asked anyone, but I had a great time.
We came home to find that Ray had planted the forest I had brought from moms!
So we had the Great Grandpa & Grandma Extravaganza at the lodge on Friday night.
Today was Grandparents Day.
We had a campfire sing a long

And a lot of other shananigans! Hopefully fun was had by all, cause only 17 participated! Darn rights I'm counting!

So anyhoo, last night when I got home from my other job, I mowed ALLL the grass! Cause that's it, mower's getting put in the shed, and the snow blower will be parked in the woodshed in it's place!
Today, I got supper ready, did laundry, hung it out, whipper snipped for 2.5 hours....you heard me...two and a half hours.....with the gas guzzling Stihl that will go back tomorrow! It was sent out to be fixed, cause I couldn't start it, and it was some kind of spark arrester in the muffler. Well since it wouldn't start, I guess they thought it should run...really fast! OK, Ray says the idle is set too high, but I even had to shut it off to get the string to come out!
Then it just quit, and I cussed it out....and had to take it all back when I realized it had run out of gas! They use every drop...it was dry as a bone!
It was another hot day too! I BBQed for the second day in a row, and while supper was cooking, the dog and I fought over the little bit of shade the clothes on the line were providing!
Kalen & Jason came out again.
Ray had brought over the rest of the siding for the poor shed that's sat half naked in the yard for, oh I don't know....3 years. So I said lets put it on. 3 sides are done, just the front, and fascia, etc. isn't on. Note to self, always start at the front! Then it will look done!
He's built some more shelves in the shed, cause the pump house needs cleaned out, and new insulation etc. before winter.
Thursday, he said that Ronny had told him it was going to freeze. So we picked the cucumbers, tomatoes, onions and peppers. I said, "I don't know what Ronny was listening to, cause I never heard the "F" word!" And it hasn't.....yet.
Well better go iron a shirt, the accountants are coming to my other job tomorrow....sure I'll still wear jeans, but I should iron a shirt!

No comments: