Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Cranky

So I wake up before 5:00 am this morning.
I KNOW that cause I had to get the wind up clock out of the bathroom and get it to my purse in the entry, so I could check with my flashlight!
No damn power!
I set the wind up clock, and crawl back into bed.
Nothin'!
I get up and check out the blizzard outside, the dog was having fun with that!
No power means, no SHOWER, no PHONE, no HEAT and no COFFEE!
Ray wakes up around 7:30 am, and tells me that the power's been off since 2:00 am for sure.
I tell him to call them! THEM being the R.E.A.
So he does.
THEY say, "Check the pole, you're the only ones that have called."
I STOMP out to the pole, cause that's what I do when I'm a little testy, and flip the switch to OFF then back to ON!
Nothin'!
No little dials turning....NOTHIN'!
I STOMP back in, and tell Ray, "There's nothing wrong at the pole, phone THEM back!"
He does.
THEY say, " Since you called there have been other complaints."
What the heck time do people get up!?
I started my car, and shoveled 4 inches of heavy wet snow off of it, and left.
Remember...I've had no coffee!
I had 10 peeps from the OFH signed up to go to WalMart, so off we went!
Of course I bought scrapbooking stuff! I also bought the crochet cotton to get busy with my flowers I need before the end of the month!
Also got a new water cooler for the lodge, and their Halloween Treats to pass out already! Hey, there might not be any available when we want them!
We then had to check out Shoppers Drug Mart, cause it's new.
Got back to the lodge.
I had to drive my car over to the garage to load it with my purchases!
Came home, burnt the garbage, cleaned the snow off the roof under the sky light on the north side. It hadn't melted!
Came in, set some clocks, started a load of laundry, got on here to order the AVON, and my coffee maker beeps like it's done!?
Set the damn clock wrong on it!
I CAN'T drink coffee now! I'll be up all night!
ARGHHH!
And, it is 1.9 DEGREES C. I'd better trot the fan over to the pump house and plug it in and turn on the heater, before the water freezes up!
Oh well, at least I'll have a warm place in the morning to have a smoke!
Unless the power goes out!
I'm still not done typing up the meeting minutes either, so I'd better go!

No comments: