“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can
steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you
know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...”
― Dr. Seuss, Oh, The Places You'll Go!
Oh bother!
I probably started this over 12 hours ago!
Just so you know.
The scalloped potatoes are ready for tomorrow, as is the sweet potato casserole, coconut cream pie, cute flower cup cakes, coleslaw, etc. I was surprised when I looked at the time.
2 loads of laundry were done in there somewhere!
― Dr. Seuss, Oh, The Places You'll Go!
Oh bother!
I probably started this over 12 hours ago!
Just so you know.
The scalloped potatoes are ready for tomorrow, as is the sweet potato casserole, coconut cream pie, cute flower cup cakes, coleslaw, etc. I was surprised when I looked at the time.
2 loads of laundry were done in there somewhere!
This is what it was doing outside when I got up yesterday morning!
It continued for most of this morning, and is now almost gone!
These are the cards I made this year for Easter.
The sameish!
Embossing is different, as is the insides!
I had quite an adventure just over a week ago.
I went to my dear SIL's and said you need to check my tires!
I wobble going slow!
My tires were separated.
All of them!
I'll put the info I found at the end, as the site was a nightmare!
I had to drive 100 kms, to the tire shop!
Last Saturday I picked up 4 friends, and we went to the Hawk Hills ladies day!
This was in our welcome bag!
The day was filled with speakers, demonstrations, a lovely lunch, and then we got to make a little succulent garden!
There were also vendors there selling their wares.
I got my favorite little person, a teether that looks like an ice cream sandwich!
I watched him last night while his parents went to the movies.
It was Boss Baby.
After his bottle, I rocked him, and sang.
I only sing for the grandbaby people!
I really have to bone up on childrens songs as I got down to
Oh Canada, and The Star Spangled Banner!
We're gonna be patriotic if nothing else!
Better go, need to relax for a minute!
Have a great Easter!
Eat too much, and laugh too much!
Enjoy your loved ones!
Hope you're all well! Talk to ya later!
Tire Separation
Question:
A tire dealer recently told me that the radial tire on my rear wheel has become
separated. I took the car in because it was squirming down the road. Exactly
what did he mean by separation, and can it be repaired? What causes tires to separate?--M.S.
Answer: A
radial tire is a sandwich that is usually made of a cord body, steel belts and
rubber tread. Separation occurs when either the steel belts come loose from the
cord body or when the rubber tread comes loose from the steel belts.
In either
case, separation is a serious condition and almost always means that the tire
has reached the end of its life, no matter how much rubber tread is left.
A
separation usually throws the tire grossly out of balance, resulting in a heavy
thumping noise as you drive down the road or the squirming sensation that you
describe.
Although
the tire may look normal when it is on the car, once it is removed you can
clearly see that the tire is out of round. Sometimes the separation manifests
itself as a large bubble on the tread or the sidewall.
Another
indicator of separation is something known as a mole hole, which is a knot or
bump on the sidewall that results from distortions of the cord body or the
belts. Mole holes, which look just like a mole or gopher hole in the ground,
are about the size of your fingernail.
Unfortunately,
there is no way to repair a separation, because the damage has occurred in the
very foundation of the tire. You should check your tire warranty, however,
because such failures may be covered under the workmanship clause.
Separation
can be caused by many things, such as poor overall quality or excessive tread
wear. Sometimes, a puncture can damage the cord body, and even though the tire
is repaired initially, the damaged cords will eventually allow separation.
Another cause is worn suspension parts, such as struts, which allow a cupped
wear pattern that puts a lot of stress on the tire.
Tires
have been vastly improved in their ability to resist blowouts or other sudden
losses of air pressure. But separations sometimes are a precursor to blowouts,
which are among the most dangerous mechanical mishaps you can experience at
highway speeds.
Aside
from safety reasons, consider the possibility that the tire could throw off a
steel belt or tread that could rip up your fender well and cause hundreds of
dollars worth of damage.



3 comments:
YOu always find the neatest places to go on journeys with your friends, and this time it sounds like such fun. Great stash in the welcome bag, and what a lovely little glass garden you made. Enjoyed seeing the pictures of your favorite person, and he doesn't care what the words are, I'm sure. Just that you are cuddling and paying attention. He really is growing. Glad you had that snow, I'll opt for sunshine. Glad you know Cracker Barrel. The food is consistent at all the places, and usually pretty good (not fancy, but good, also reasonably priced). Except the ones up in Yankee Land don't know how to do Southern grits. Had a dish in a New York CB, and it was worse than what I make! And I'm no cook!) TFS & Hugs. Oh yeah, nearly forgot: I loved your cards too!
Happy Easter - I'm so glad all that snow of the first picture is gone! We finally got some rain here and I have a hard time remembering when I welcomed it as much hereabouts as I did this time. And we need a few more. Love your Easter cards and the little succulent garden, too. I love your bed song program but you are right - it coudl be a little more geared towards the age group! I'd have the same problem though - I tend to switch to Christmas songs then. Enjoy spring (so gald you got rid of these tires, wow...)!
Oh Gail, your posts are interesting...
I don't have radials so don't have tire issue but did have to get all new tyres this year too. Hurts doesn't it, but they are your connection with the road .. safety first.
Lovely welcome bag, cutie grandee too, and love your cards too, and the one down below too.
Thanks for sharing your inspiration!
Shaz in Oz.x
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}
Post a Comment