Saturday, October 28, 2017

It does not matter how slow you go as long as you do not stop. Confucious

Hello! 
It really is me!
I have no excuse for the sabbatical!
Life I guess. 
I will give you a condensed version by month!
End of April
I babysat while Vanessa & a friend went to Las Vegas to see the Backstreet Boys. Yes you heard right! I took her to 2 or 3 concerts, then she got a drivers and could take herself! I think that was her 13 or 14thish concert! 
May was getting on with things. 
Like Wine Wednesday or Thirsty Thursday with one of Vanessa's friends that live next door to her. We're actually drinking our bottle of wine tonight....I got no words!
We get together once a week, solve all of our/ the world problems in an hour.
I moved right next door to Vanessa. Into a tiny house, but I'm not in the basement any more, and I have no stairs, and I have my own outside space!
June
Vanessa, Bryson & I went to meet great gramma.
Mom & I went to the Amish Auction. I bought a bird feeder, mom got a bird house. 
We went to Ainsworth Hot springs. 
Bryson loved that big bath tub! The ferry ride was great too.
July
A friend , Her sister & I went to Stettler & Drumheller for a fun filled weekend.! 
Kalen & Megan met us in Stettler for dinner our first night there!
We did the Stettler Train.
The Rosebud Theatre. We saw the Spitfire Grill!
And the Passion Play.
We stayed in Stettler the Thursday & Friday, went to Drumheller for Saturday night, then back to Stettler after the Passion Play.
We also went to The Last Chance Saloon, Trekcetera Museum, a suspension bridge over the Red Deer River! We did lots, were never hurried, as our tickets were bought, we just had to show up to our events!
We were in the hot tub at our hotel every night. It was relaxing. It's too bad we have to drive so far!
We were even famous at our hotel, as all 3 of us went down the water slide!
Trust me when I say there's no graceful way to sit down on a water slide!
August
The kids and I had another relaxing weekend with friends. They live on the Great Slave Lake.
There was fishing, fire pit, eating, visiting.....don't know why we don't do it more often. It's like going from here to Grande Prairie, and we do that a lot!
September
This month I've already done a casino. Vanessa & Bryson came. They visited and shopped while I was working! 
There have been BBQ's, Firepit Fridays, Sunday suppers etc!
I don't have anything wild & crazy planned for the rest of the year, but you never know!
I have also been rethinking the 'working until lunch the day of my funeral!' More news about that next summer!
I will say that I helped Kalen buy property in B.C.

I am liking my 4 days a week work week!
The Cherry Brandy is made, and the Apple Liqueur will be ready in November!
Bryson chilling with the RCMP during the Canada Day celebration in town!

This guy!


Turned 1 a week ago!
His mom is back to work.
I am the after Day Care care!
This little guy is still awesome!
He just doesn't care! He chills. Likes everything!
He can walk, just doesn't.
He stands without help to clap, dance, and just show off!
He walks down the hall & back just touching the wall with one hand! 
He's just such a content little guy. Can amuse himself for hours.
Has slept all night since he came home! 
Him & I got our flu shots today. Unfortunately he has to get a booster shot in 4 weeks.
Ok, you get the picture!

I had to get on here, as I made some Halloween cards I thought I should share!




We still have to decorate over at Vanessa's for Halloween. Better get it done tomorrow while it's still nice out.
We had a dump of snow last week, but it has melted.
 
Kalen & Megan are coming for the weekend in 2 weeks.
They are going to moms for Christmas, and as I'm done the Christmas shopping, I thought I'd do the crazy sock thing and send them. It should make for some fun for them on Christmas morning!
I bought the socks on sale; I just dug through drawers & got out all the promotional stuff I've picked up all over, added some Avon stuff I have, and 3 $10.00 gift cards! =less than $50.00 for 3 pairs of socks, full of treats!
Sorry this is so long winded!
I'll try not to be gone for so ling.
I have been making Christmas cards.

Better go!
Hope you're all well!
Talk to ya later!
 
 
 
 

 

4 comments:

Sandra H said...

Another great and entertaining post Gail always reading about your day to day life and you really have packed in a lot l love your Halloween cards they are simply gorgeous ...........take care sending lots of love x

MaryH said...

Gail, thanks for the visit after I was MIA so long. Great to see that during YOUR MIA, you were doing fun things, enjoying your friends and family, taking trips, and solving the world problems. Glad you have a new cozy little house next to your kids. Hope the foot is all healed too. Lovely pics of the little fella & your sweet Mom. Enjoyed seeing the treasures you've shared from your sabbatical also. Take care, always lovely to chat with an old friend! TFS & Hugs

Myrna said...

So much packed into one summer !!
Cute wee man and hasn't the time flown since he was born?
Great bunch of cards.
Myrna

Barbara said...

This couldn't be anybody but you resurfacing... love your post and am glad to know that your summer was obviously fun-filled. Your Halloween cards are wonderful; I have to remember the one with the tree for next year!