Wednesday, July 1, 2015

May you live every day of your life. --Jonathan Swift

HAPPY CANADA DAY!
 
Well, it's about time I say!
Holy Moly there's been a lot going on.........
Most of it good!
Ah heck, it's all good!

These 2 said "I DO" on Thursday June 25, 2015 in Creston, B.C.
 

 
I wasn't there, but my mom was.
According to Vanessa, she was the Maid of Honor, Bridesmaid & Flower Girl, all rolled into one!
My mom said it was perfect.
Just how things should be done;
 and when she asked what they were doing with the $20-$30 Thousand they were saving on a wedding, Vanessa replied that they were saving up for siding for the house! How practical is that!?
A BBQ social is planned for next month.....
I'm gonna be busy! hahahaha
 
Anyhoo, that was the BIG news.
Before I went to the Amish Auction Sale, I needed to make 2 cards.
Vanessa needed a 'really nice' Thank You card...as per my mother!
 
 
This was for the lady that performed the ceremony.
 
Also, I needed a birthday card for Harley, Vanessa's other half, as his birthday was the day of the sale!
 
 
And, over at this post was my mom's Mother's Day card!
She told me I've come a long way.
She figures this one was made when I was 10 or 11.



 
She keeps stuff like that!
Hahahaha!
 
Vanessa & Harley left the day I got back from the auction; June 20.
So all last week I painted like a crazy women at their place!
I tell people I do what I want over there, but really,
the paint is bought, or it's what they want done!
I painted the stairs & landing in their entry to freshen it up.
The shutters I was making the screen out of got done, and put together!
Here's the mess it was made to hide.
 
 
And here's where it's living!

 
I have also worked, worked the casino, attended a Birthday Party for a 1 year old, painted the privacy wall, whipper snipped over at their place, and I have a wedding to go to on Saturday!
We had fire pit Tuesday last night, until the thunder storm broke us up, and I had to call for a ride home!!
 
Better go, hope you're all well.
I'll put pictures of the Auction up next time.
Hopefully not a month from now.
I also whipped up a birthday card Monday night and forgot to take a picture, and I'm making a card for the wedding!
Talk to ya later!

5 comments:

Diane said...

Wow Gail lots of going on in your life. Love the post and fun pictures. Wish I could quill love the design of that card. Great pinwheel design and what fun keepsakes your mom has.

Super hot here in the Northwest, to hot for me.

Hugs Diane

brenda said...

A great post Gail and what a practical approach to their wedding, very sensible in this day and age.

B x

chrissy xx said...

Don't see you for a month and then Bang!
Lots going on her Gail...FABulous Wedding photo..Looks to have been nice weather too.
LOving your cards..I've kept the ones the kids sent me to lol..plus little clay ornaments they made me at school! Must admit the ornaments come to light every once in a while. Great job on the shutters...
Thanks for sharing..
Chrissyxx
Will watch out for your wedding card x

Barbara said...

What wonderful cards - and I love the approach to that wedding! You are very obviously in summer mode again - I hope the weather remains nice. We've had 38C yesterday and will hit 40C this weekend and I wonder what the dress code is for the alumni meeting I'll attend Saturday afternoon...

MaryH said...

Congratulations to that handsome couple, and I applaud their sensible attitude to spending all the money on a one time splash. Yes, it's nice if you have lots of $$$ to just toss - but I think it is much more rewarding to do as they did, and have something that lasts much longer than memories of one day! Sounds like they will do just fine in their new life! Oh I did like that pretty sunflower card with the quilled petals. So much texture & color on #1 and also on the windmill card. How clever and also how lovely. Got a chuckle at the distance you've come from the Mom's card you shared. But you know what???I bet that one is just as precious as the lovely ones you're now doing. You amaze me with all the skills you have to hand to do all this fix-it, decorating and just keeping yourself busy. I need you to visit my house for a while!!! Take care, and tfs such a lovely post to enjoy this afternoon. Hugs & hope you can get a little rest this weekend.