Saturday, July 11, 2015

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud. --Maya Angelou

Hello everyone!
Thanks for dropping in!

I attended a wedding last Saturday & needed a card!
This is not the labor intensive one I started,
but I was able to whip it up fast, and I liked it!

 
Got the inspiration over here!
Thanks Claudia!
 
I always think I sound like a broken record when I tell you how busy I've been!
Of course I'm busy, or I'd be making more cards & blogging!
The push is on to get the house & yard ready over at V & H's before the social!
The fence is ongoing as it's been so hot, we ran out of paint (& I refuse to buy another gallon until it's on sale!), and something bit me!
 
 
Here's Cinderella/ AKA Vanessa doing the bottom foot or so!
That's her job!

 
We have 5 sections left and when the paint is on sale, that will be the priority!
We've hired a girl to paint the entry....
that will be done on the 23 & 24;
what a load off my mind, as I was scared of those 12 foot walls!
 
The whole province is on fire again, as are BC & Saskatchewan!
 
 
We had to quit painting fence one night because of the ash!
 
Lots of planning for the social for the kids!
It'll be fun!
I'm working another casino later this month, our rodeo (scroll down) is next weekend...........
 
I have the last load of laundry in the washer (for today), then I'm going to check my gf's place.
They're on their way to the Yukon & Alaska, and I'm not sure if they'll get there!
They keep closing the Alaska Highway because of fires!
She said I don't have to water anything....they know how dry it is!
Just make sure nothing's leaking etc.!
I'm babysitting later tonight so V & H and their friends can go to the movie!
 
Gotta run!
Hope you're all well!
Talk to ya later!
 
 
 

7 comments:

Barbara said...

Wow what a fence... I know it sounds weird but don't you feel a fenced in with that "monster"? Beautiful card - I'm always looking for wedding card inspirations and that's a real nice one. Good luck with the fires and keep enjoying summer!

brenda said...

Your card is a delight Gail, it's so very elegant.

B x

MaryH said...

Gail, your wedding card is lovely. It certainly doesn't look 'fast', but very well thought out. Love the embossing, that gorgeous rose ribbon and the delicate filigree butterfly with the slim lines of the sentiment. Just most elegant. I, for one, always enjoy reading about your adventures. You constantly amaze me with your 'DIY' skills, particularly as those skills are in short supply at our house! You are like my next-door-neighbor. She said her father wanted a boy (and she's the oldest of 3), so she became his 'boy' as he was in construction. She's aways turning her hand at things I would never dream of attempting. It's definitely a talent, so never fear to tell us about your adventures. Your DD is so blessed to have you around! Take care, and hope the fires don't get too close to you. TFS & Hugs too.

chrissy xx said...

Your card is Beautiful Gail..I LOve the design, embossing folder and pretty butterfly.
Hope the paint goes on sale this year lol...If not the part you've painted will need doing again...
Don't believe you've been bit! You're on the go to much lol...perhaps you ran into it he! he!..
Chrissyxx

Anonymous said...

wow, gorgeous wedding card gail! that's quite the painting job, that's why we never painted ours. lol. keep safe with all those fires.

Diane said...

Wow Gail what a elegant card design. Love the new fence, won't you be glad when the painting is complete. I see on the news all the fires in Canada, Alaska and even here in Washington.

Take Care

Diane

Shirley-Anne said...

I do feel for you with all that work going on ! Been there and done that and now we are in a retirement village some one else does all that for us .Fabulous . Leaves us free to gopher to the parks and for me to craft .
Love the card you made time for . Quite elegant .Love embossing and the flower ribbon strip .
Thanks for visiting me and leaving blog love too .
hugs Shirley-Anne