Saturday, August 14, 2010

I LOVE My Job, I Love My Job, I love............

Well it's been an interesting first week back to work!
Yesterday I took the ladies shopping downtown (uptown)?

I went in later, and stayed late to take them for ice cream.
Every summer when the weather's nice, we have Ice Cream on the patio about once a week.
You HAVE to come outside for an ice cream cone!
That's the catch, because some of those people NEVER go outside!

Some of the ladies had told me that "It's been hot, and NO ONE has given us Ice Cream on the patio"!?

So we loaded up the bus, and that was a chore & a half!
I was trying to update my list to leave at the lodge.
I had people on that didn't sign up, not everyone brought their dollar, and after 10 times of hearing, "Where ARE we going?" from the people with dementia! I slid into the drivers seat, smiled at the residents who still have their faculties and said, "This is gonna be FUN!"
I took them up the highway to Hotchkiss, and there it was, in the middle of no where....A hot pink Ice Cream Shack! Sorry no picture, next time!
He has 26 flavors, but most of them wanted Maple Walnut, Chocolate, Strawberry, and plain old Vanilla!
I did talk one lady into Creamsicle Swirl, and she said it was great!
I had a waffle cone with Heavenly Hash on the bottom, and Moose Tracks  for the top scoop!

We then went to one of the staffs place out in the country, checked out her yard (Beautiful), seen the mare and new baby(sooo cute), and drove around aimlessly for an hour or so.
We got home about 7:30 pm.

I parked the bus, and took the keys in, and was filling out my time when F. came out of the bathroom, and said he didn't feel good.
Me: " Are you diabetic?"
F: "Yes."
Me: "Come and sit down."
F: "I have a glass of water over here."
Me: "I'll trade it for orange juice."
Got him sat down, found the floor girl and told her F wasn't feeling good, and that he was sweating.
She was busy, she'd tell home care, then the ambulance showed up for another resident!

Meanwhile, the guy with broken English is mad at me!
W: "Thank you for ice cream!"
Me: "Did you want to come?"
W: "Yah, Thank You for Ice Cream."
And he's agitated!
Me: "You can come next time."
W: " NO! Not coming this time, not coming next time!"
Worse than a child I tell ya!

Me: " I had a full bus, I couldn't take everybody, we're going again."
W: "Ohhhhh."
I'm thinking maybe he can't read the board and calendar to know what's going on.
Me: "We're going to Berwyn for lunch next Friday, do you want to come?"
W: "Next Friday, I dunno what I be doing."
Me: " I'll ask you next week, see you Tuesday."

Good Golly Miss Molly!

I didn't get home until 8:00 pm.
I don't know what happened with the resident the ambulance came for.....I don't know what happened to F, and I don't know if W is STILL mad!?
That's our first big fight since before Christmas....I guess we'll get over it!

So I'm up, doing laundry, the sink is full of dishes, and I've got a million things on my to-do list today!

Talk to you later!

Ta ta for now!

No comments: