Last night was the Happy Hour (slash) Birthday Party at the Old Folks HOme!
It's a once a month affair with music, dancing, great snacks......and BOOZE!
Yup!
The real deal!
The rules are:
Drinks are $3.00 (there are some exeptions)
The limit is 3, and THERE ARE NO DOUBLES!
I did my liquor store run earlier in the day, and picked up a bottle of rum, and a 15 pack of beer.
I alwasy check to see what the bar needs before the party!
The fun started at supper time, when one of the residents was reading the board on the way back to his room.
Him: "I don't know what Happy Hour or the Birthday Party is."
One of our little ladies proceded to tell him.
Him: " Listen Honey, I don't know what you're saying."
Her: "Shut up Sweetie, I'm trying to tell you."
hahahahaha
It just got better from there!
R, the bartender: "We're out of beer."
Me: "Should I run to the liquor store?"
R: "Well it is only 8 o'clock."
So I went. First time since I've been there that I had to do a beer run in the middle of Happy Hour!
And fun was had by all!
TGIF!
It started Tuesday with about 100 phone calls about Seniors Week.
But we gotter done!
The brochures were out on Wednesday!
Wednesday was our picnic day at the OFH.
We went to Strong Creek.
Wednesday I DID go out for supper with the girls!
I picked up the birthday girl and she was so suprised!
Must've made her day cause she showed up at Happy Hour!
Today, we did our painting lesson with I.
I think the ladies are enjoying it!
I bought a few groceries and came home a whippersnip until the gas guzzling Stihl ran out of gas. Then I hooked up the bug zapper Ray planted the pole for.
After crawling under the modular to fetch all the extension cords, cause the first 2 I tried didn't reach!
DH hadn't been under there to unplug anything anyway!
Told him later if he needed to go under for anything, I'd cleared all the cobwebs out of the way.
Again....I'd be Bitchy!
He said he'd get me gas when he went to check the campsite.
I told him I was done!
I signed up to do the Bird Bus tomorrow morning. It leaves at 9:00am, we get back at 1:00 pm.
Then there's a Street Festival, but I think I'll skip it!
I was gonna do a grocery run to PR, but my other job needs me sometime tomorrow, so I'll see!
One of the Fiskateers is giving away a Martha Stewart RAK!
Check it out here!
Better go.
Have a great weekend!
Ta ta for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment