Wednesday, July 20, 2022

"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." — Michael Altshuler

 Well, here it is.....the long awaited, what I've been up to post!

There are a few cards, but mostly the goings on in my crazy life. It will be a few minutes read!

As you know, my daughter is a H U G E Backstreet Boys fan!

I took her to 2 concerts when she was younger, then she got her drivers license and I was off the hook. She has been to Las Vegas to see them, and 2 years ago bought tickets for Toronto...then Covid. 

Her and her husband finally got to go to Toronto. This might be her 15th + concert or something!


Anyhoo, I got to watch Bryson while they gallivanted over to the east!

Here he is, all packed and ready for his adventure!

I picked him up in central Alberta, then we went to spend a night with a dear friend. Who wanted rhubarb. Fortunately we were at my aunts, who had a rhubarb jungle.
 

My Calgary friend, gave me a T O N of card making, scrapbooking supplies, so I made her a card out of some of them!


 

Then we had to get ready for Canada Day, as we were traveling to BC on that day.



We had our own little adventure on our travels home to BC.

I locked the keys in the van at a rest stop!

Bryson, 'Don't you have an extra set in your purse?'

I said, 'Yes I do!'

I called BCAA, which is roadside assistance. I have it because I drive an older vehicle, and have needed the odd tow or boost!

For a holiday, it was great service. We were back in the van, and on our way in an hour!

Bryson, 'I'm not telling anyone.'

Me, 'It doesn't matter, no one was hurt.'

Bryson, 'My dad told me that if I go without water for a long time, I could die.'

Vanessa texted me when they were home for a few days.

Me locking us out of the van was the topic at the supper table.

I said, 'Does he also add that he could have died?'

Vanessa, 'ABSOLUTELY!'

Bryson & I also took in the fireworks at the community centre in town on July 1st.

I made him a bed under my desk in my room.


Bryson & great gramma (my mom), feeding the birds our first morning here.

We went to a fruit stand & got cherries & strawberries.


That's one happy face! He loves fruit and most vegetables!

We then went to a gravel pit to find some rocks for painting at the family reunion.

He washed them all, then stuck his feet in for a pedicure!?


We also made a few cards while we had quiet time....great gramma was napping. This is the one he made his mom & dad.

 
His parents arrived here the Tuesday before the reuinion, as they flew out of Calgary. My brother & son arrived on Wednesday.
They all spent a day at the beach, and mini golf, museum etc.

On to the family reunion.
 Mom told someone that there should be 300, but only the same 30 will show up. Which is crazy, cause this is a big family.

It's kinda sad, after not being able to have this during Covid. 2 people had to cancel that had got Covid. Our reunions are every 2 years, this one was 4.

I get that some maybe can't afford it, but am I terrible to say that they're every 2 years....save up? That's what I used to do back in the day when the kids were younger. We already know where the next one will be......Anyhoo.....

Group photo Friday night

A few more showed up on Saturday.
 

Those that attend had a good time. There weren't a lot of game players though.

Rock Painting.


Photo booth


My little family

 Mom, my brother and his son that graduated from grade 12 this year and Vanessa

Yesterday I went early to help Kalen with his fence posts at the back of his yard.

He's probably on his way to Shambhala today!

I am checking on his cat Macaroni.

Just been weeding and watering early in the morning. It gets over 30C we don't go outside.

Monday was livable, and Friday's supposed to be under 30. Then it's back to avoiding outside. The mosquitoes are horrid too this year. It can be stifling hot, with a wind, and I still have to light a coil when I go out. Last week the hardware store was out of them, so will check when I go to town tomorrow.

That's all I got.

Talk to ya later.

Stay safe.



2 comments:

Sandra H said...

Wow Gail you have the best posts love everything you have put on here and your family are adorable xx

Barbara said...

Oh, what a fabulous time you had with Bryson! I love those pictures, the rhubarb jungle must be my favorite. And of course he could have died... reminds me a little of my godchildren harping on about Larry almost died... when all she did was deal with a hairball. As for family reunions: we don't have any and it's not something I miss (which doesn't mean I wouldn't enjoy them - I just don't know). Maybe people's focus is different these days and if they (have to) save up, they'd rather save up for something else? But then I'm more of a "logical family" type anyhow. Great to see your Mom out and about!