Saturday, October 31, 2020

And all at once, summer collapsed into fall. Oscar Wilde

 Happy Halloween!

There is no end to the 'stuff' that needs done.

I'll show you the cards I've made, and you can get on with your day!

This is Kalen's card!

This is Vanessa & Harley's!

 


Mom must have got one out of the drawer!

This next card was sent to me by a dear friend! She didn't even write in it, so I could use it if I wanted. I'm keeping it, I know the work that went into it!


Bryson's birthday card, and Halloween card are in previous posts!

Here's his cake!


He's 4 already!

Vanessa's friend Sarah had a baby. She's the one I drank with on Wine Wednesday before I moved!

Baby Card


Brother & Sister cards

 


Picture heavy coming up!

The petunia tree got hauled to the compost.

 


Not sure if we're putting lights on the frame to make it a Christmas tree!

Shelves got built in the garden/horse shed.

We don't have horses, so it's a garden shed!


The pots off the petunia tree are on the shelves. It doesn't get really cold here, but I wanted them out of the way so they wouldn't get kicked or bumped & break! 

I dried my own tomato seeds, as my favorite tomatoes are not always available. 

I'll let you know if it worked!

 

Moms sidewalks got painted. 

Not all of them, but the front and side where her woodshed is.

This is right after I painted the 'caution strips' for the little steps that are there! She kept trying to send me home, "I know the steps are there!'



It has a bit of grit in it. 

Will probably still be slippery if they ice up; however, maybe it will help!

My front entry got a facelift!

It was an unheated dingy space.

This is with a coat of primer.


Primrose Path, is the paint color. 

I just couldn't do BIG BUS YELLOW!


 The floors, and door will get a makeover in the spring. I have the flooring and trim, but it's too cold.

I need it to be warm for a few more days so I can get plastic up on the windows to get rid of the condensation! The windows in there are original from the house, circa 1940.

I have made body scrub with some of Kalens lavender.



These have been distributed to my friends that offered to be guinea pigs/try it out!

The ugly pinky orange closet in my living room also got a facelift.


I forgot to take an after; it's filled.

It does have a curtain, as it's the seldom used appliance closet, linen closet, snack closet etc!


It's walnut season.


The ground has been raked, and late yesterday afternoon when I got tired of raking, I fired up the tractor, as it still has the mower on, and mulched the rest of the leaves!

There's still lot of walnuts on the trees!

This Pileated Woodpecker spent a long time one day eating bugs out of the stump that's left from when the tree fell down last year.

I was going to throw all the dead chunks he tossed out into the firepit. 

Kalen said, 'where will the bugs live?'

So I tossed them back under the stump!


There you have the condensed version...REALLY!

Going to pick walnuts, I really should go grocery shopping; I hate it anymore.

Laundry, yard work, the usual!

Stay safe my friends!

Wash your hands...talk to ya later!

 


 



 

 



5 comments:

brenda said...

Another super post Gail, we are well into Autumn here as well. Great cards as well and that is quite some cake.

B x

Sandra H said...

I just love reading your posts you have been pretty busy with these amazing cards and lovely baby card great cake and DIY around the house take care x

Diane said...

What a super post Gail, love all the pictures and cards. We also have those Pileated Woodpeckers, I always say they come in the yard making all sorts of noise.

Hugs Diane

Claudia said...

Oh Gail, wow you have been working hard not only with card making. Looks very busy, but looks also great. Your Halloween cards are fantastic and the Baby card too. Great job!

Hugs Claudia

Barbara said...

I must be losing it... I know I've read the post ages ago already... why didn't I comment, on all the beautiful cards and your garden adventures? Here, we are not really collapsing into fall or maybe tomorrow - we still had like 20°C in some places over the weekend. It's crazy and I don't like it one bit. Anyhow, enjoy fall and winter, too, as live slows down a bit - though I somehow get the feeling that life never slows down at your end!