Saturday, January 28, 2012

House Mouse Challenge

Go figure!

I do not find every Challenge on the internet and participate......I do the Christmas Cards All Year 'Round; and seriously; that's just common sense!
I'm going to make a conscious effort to play along with Craft a Scene, because I LOVE Stampscapes.

BUT!
I have been in awe of this site since I found it, I think my weakness might be the House Mouses!
I've followed, and drooled over the creations shown here for a long time...all right, I'm a lurker!

But look......I made a card for the Challenge!


Not the best picture; I couldn't get little Bumble to show up better; he really is done in black, I just did a little pink in his ear, and on his nose.
And stickles for the bubbles.
It's a 5 X 5, and of course embossing folders aren't, that's why I have the black edge on the left...and I'll tell you THAT was a nightmare to peel & stick!

OH well.
I did it!

And ya know what!?
 If I had more time, I'd participate in more challenges!
There's nothing wrong with that!
I love seeing what you guys make for what site;
 I always check them out,
and of course I'm envious!

Talk to ya later!
Ta ta for now!

11 comments:

Sheree said...

This is just wayyyy too cute Gail! Love that embossing folder and clourish. Is there a die cut that did the wonky angle cut around the image?? Something I haven't found and bought yet??
Your bow turned out perfect and I'm now totally jealous of you. Wish you and Myrna were closer so we could play.
And... check out the new Spellbinders embossing folders. They will be out soon and they show that you can emboss larger peices without a line inbetween the embossed parts..and.. each folder has two designs, one on each side. I'm going to go walking and pick up pop cans so I can afford all the new fantastic crap I'm gonna buy hahaha!
Have an awesome weekend!
Sheree

Bonnie Weiss said...

Love the black and white ... classic. Nice job on balancing the black flourish strip with the embossing on the opposite side. Sure wish someone would come out with 6x6 embossing folders. If I had the opportunity, I would do it myself and make a fortune!!!!

Theresa said...

Well, another great card. You don't strike me as a black and white kind of stamper, but you did an awesome job on this one.
I am going to spend the afternoon making Easter cards for SAS4K. I am making punch art chicks and rabbits. I will post them when they are done.
Talk soon.

Myrna said...

Gail
Your wee house mouse is adorable. Not so the little bugger in my pantry and the mouse trap is useless. Asked Jim to bring 4 of them home. He wondered if it was a little overkill. lol
You did a great job on this card and I think you, Sheree and I could sure make a royal mess of a craft room in a hurry.
Myrna

downrightcrafty said...

oh love the depth on this stunner and the ribbon just presents the image so well, thank you so much for joining us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
Hugs Kate xx
ps I have some candy if you are interested :)

Sue said...

YEAH, we are so glad you have joined our challenge at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge, and your creation is a stunner! How gorgeous is this. That bunny sure looks relaxed. Love your papers and embellishments. Be sure to check out the Blog Hop starting Monday, lots of prizes being given away, and we would love it if you joined us again. WELCOME, Gail!

America said...

Gail, welcome to House-Mouse! were so glad you've decided to play along with these addictive little mice. Your card turned out gorgeous with he flourish and EF combo. Perfection framed and finished off with that gorgeous bow.

Lynnette said...

So cute! He is fine on a card and I love them here but not in my house!
Beautiful work like usual!

Sue from Oregon said...

Sounds strange to say such an elegant meece card, but you managed it beautifully! Thanks for sharing with us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge! Sue K

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Gail, I'm delighted you decided to join in the fun at House Mouse and Friends Monday challenge. Your card in B/W is delightful! Your embellishments and ribbon just make this card gorgeous. Hope to see you join in again very soon!

Cheers!
Jennifer

Sandy said...

Hi Gail,
love your black and white creation and that relaxed little bunny, I have a couple of house mouse stamps, there are so many fabulous images must pop over and have a look at the blog, thanks also for all your lovely comments on my blog.
Sandy