Sunday, December 11, 2011

I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities.--Dr. Seuss

I watched Disney's Prep & Landing yesterday while I had a minute in my craft room!
I'd give you a link, but who knew it was from 2 years ago, and now there's a sequel!
It was soooo CA-UTE!
Later I watched Santa Baby, while finishing up some BD cards.


I tried to watch Santa Baby 2, but couldn't get into it!
I watch TV or a movie while I'm making cards.

Yesterday the goal was to make spaghetti with meatballs & sauce.
Got the meatballs made, over half went to the freezer.



Made 2 batches of poppycock!


A batch of fudge.
Some of the poppycock ended up in the pails behind the fudge!


I have to get B & L's December treats to them this week!
They're leaving next week to Jamaica or Cuba or somewhere for their honeymoon!
They'l be gone for Christmas.

Got the house kinda cleaned, dug out the Christmas stuff...of course it's not up yet, but it will be!
Cleaned the freezer in the kitchen fridge, so besides the spaghetti & meatballs last night; I also cooked a package of fish (we caught), and a package of pork sausage. Go figure!
When the kids were home, once a week we'd have fridge soup.......clean out the fridge!
Now there's just not too many left overs!
Made a loaf of bread in the machine!
I also took out a bag of strawberries, and one of frozen pineapple, and they got turned into muffins!
Together!
They're not bad!
I've made Candy Cane Bark, shortbread cookies with a marachino cherry in them, and iced them!
I want to make Christmas Tree cookies yet, and some Peanut Squares, then I'll call it good!
I also have some hamburger out, and my cabbage to make cabbage rolls.
They'll be going back out to the freezer, they're for Christmas!
I'm gonna be busy this week!
All my Christmas cards have been sent!
No letter; I can't wait for the whining to begin!
I have about 15 cards already for next year!

The cats have all been fed & watered, twice!
Shadow's been looked after!
Garbage has been burnt, laundry's done!
Supposed to be warmer than normal this week too!

I got my treasures from Stamp Club, from being the Hostess!
I used a few on the birthday card on the top!
Gonna try out a few more later!
I've got a few more cards on the go!

It tried to snow last night, but was just a skiff.

Ray's hauling logs, Kalen should be moved into his new place, V had the day off from Michaels & Home Depot, her & S are coming for Christmas (so far)!

Hope you're all well!

Talk to ya later!

Ta ta for now!

4 comments:

Myrna said...

Gail
Cute cards. Like your idea of the little card on front.
Wow all the goodies look and sound good. Got the important cards done today and should get them in the mail tomorrow. Got a few started for next year too. Imagine that!!! lol
The baking will come this week and next.
Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such great comments.
Myrna

Sandy said...

Wow, Gail, what a day! You have had lots to do and still more to come, LOL. It all looks good. Love your little robot card with the little flap for the sentiment. Is poppycock, caramelized popcorn?
Sandy

Bonnie Weiss said...

You make my day seem like a walk on the beach! Sure wish I lived closer and could con an invite to your place for Christmas ... it sounds like a bakery shop opened up there!

Theresa said...

Hi Gail,
Is there any way you could box up some of your enthusiasm and energy and send it to me. I seem to be so bogged down lately. And really, I do not have anything to do other than what I want to do. It took all of last week to get my house decorated for Chistmas. At least, it is mostly done. Haven't even gone in my rubber room for over a week. Had big plans to do some baking today, but we got over a foot of snow overnight and it is still snowing (big, wet flakes) so I will probably be snowblowing 2 or 3 times today. Oh well, I guess it does not really matter. There is always tomorrow :-).