Monday, December 5, 2011

Here is the test to find whether your mission on Earth is finished: if you're alive, it isn't.--Richard Bach

I'm eating chicken (turkey) soup!
It's been my main diet since Friday, cause I woke up snuffly; except for dining out Saturday night and having the Baked French Onion Soup! I'm such a rebel!
I left for Rocky Mountain House at 10:30 am on Friday.
My favorite gas station in PR had shut down! WHO KNEW!
So I carried on to Nampa, which is about 20 miles south; where MY BANK CARD DIDN'T WORK!!!
I called my bank to see if there was a Credit Union further south, and there was...WAY further south!
I turned around & went back to PR where their CU had 1 (ONE) teller working!
My bank card had expired!
NOPE, didn't get a new one in the mail...NOTHIN!
That put me behind an hour!
Got to Rocky in the dark, and didn't know until I got to the stop sign to turn off Highway 22 that they had SNOW!
Got there in the dark people!
They had LOTS OF SNOW!
It snowed the whole time I was there!

Saturday I woke up and couldn't talk!
I told my aunt, "It's gonna be a great day!"
I'm from Rocky, so have a myriad of friends & family, and I don't necessarily get to see them all every time I'm there!
By 10:00 am I was coffeeing with an aunt & uncle and a cousin & husband!
12:00pm I was at my favorite scrapbookin store; where I bought things I just had to have! NOT!
1:10 I was at the anniversary party I went down for!
Remember THIS post!?
Here's the happy couple & the kids!



The guy in the middle here.....ring bearer!


By 5:00 pm I'm at my aunts, and we're on our way out the door for dinner & then to the Parade of Lights!
Was my first time seeing one, and I wasn't disappointed!
Look at these die hards!
They're actually in lawn chairs & blankets!


We sat in our vehicle, but it was only -1.





Great show!
I then went to the anniversary couples place to hang out a bit more with the relates!
This next one I took just before I walked in the back door at my aunts!
Did I say they had SNOW!?


My aunt said, "I bet you're glad you came?"
I told her I was, and told her that as I sat taking in the hum of voices, the laughter, minor squabbling, (some things never change), I couldn't help but reflect on the people who had sat in that family room with us at different times, for different occassions; who are gone now.
It was kinda sad.
I'm REALLY glad I went!

This is the road on the way home....didn't get much better the whole way!
See, my windshield's icing up too!


I got to work this morning with my scratchy voice and the guys are like hol-la!
I told them not toget their hopes up, I was gonna make it!!

Here was the sunset tonight!
A perfect ending to a whirlwind, fun weekend, and first day back to work!


I've got most of my Christmas cards in the mail, need a few more addresses.
I will be getting creative this week sometime!
Got a bunch of stuff to play with!
Better bake & decorate too!

Talk to ya later!
Ta ta for now!

4 comments:

Theresa said...

I am glad you had a good trip- snow and all.
Hope you are feeling better soon.

Myrna said...

Gail
Aren't those gatherings fun? I love to just sit back and observe as well as participate in family gatherings. (our family is not too big).
Sorry you got sick and that it snowed for you. Did you find everything you "needed" at the craft store? lol
Take it easy girl and get all better for the next round of parties.
Myran

Bonnie Weiss said...

Wowzers, what a weekend you had! Everything always looks so nice in fresh fallen snow (except, of course, a car in the ditch!) Anyway, the light parade looked wonderful (who says that Disney is the only one that can pull off a light parade?!). Happy to hear you are home safe and sound and I hope you feel better soon.

Lynn Mercurio said...

What a lovely post of your adventures. It's like a virtual scrapbook. Awesome pictures and great memories. TFS