Saturday, January 13, 2024

I don't think I get enough credit for doing all of this unmedicated! ~ Unknown

 Hello!

Hope you are well!!

 

Baby, it's cold outside! The background and snowmen (uncolored) were in the UFO box. 

The background is a wax paper resist that I have not done for years! I tried to line up the original embossing folder. Had to settle for stripes! Just couldn't get it to line up!! I also sprayed the snowflake and words with a shimmer spray. Not sure if it will show up!



613 Avenue Create Anything Goes/ Option: New Beginnings

ABC Christmas Challenge A is for Anything Christmas/ B is for Berries

Allsorts Week 763 Anything Goes/ Make your own background

Can You Handle the Pressure Anything Goes/ Twist: Snow People

Crafty Catz Challenge #663 Anything Goes/ Optional Twist: No Designer Paper

Creatalicious Challenge #274 Anything Goes/ Option: Snowman

Krafty Chicks Challenge #698 Christmas

Little Red Wagon #738 "Still Snowing - Show some Snow"

I do not know when it has ever been this cold here! -32C this morning! And doesn't warm up much in the day.

We are used to one or two nights of -20C and that's it. We're back to above 0 during the day!! We are to have at least 2 more nights/days of this. This is why I left Northern Alberta. And they were the coldest place on earth this morning at -50C something! 

I really am still making Valentine cards! See, I DO get sidetracked, which is why I had 3 containers of UFOs!

Talk to ya later!

Stay safe!

11 comments:

Sandra H said...

Your card is gorgeous Gail.............getting colder here too stay warm x

Diane said...

Super cute and creative, your snow 'people' are adorable!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Can You Handle The Pressure!
Diane CYHTP Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Can You Handle The Pressure}

chrissy xx said...

You Rock lol!
Such a FABulous Christmas card {again}
What a super fun crowd this is.....LOve it.
Chrissyxx

Ellibelle said...

The waxpaper resist sounds like a fun technique and it looks really beautiful too. And such fun snowmen, I am sure they don't mind these freezing temps!!! I'm in Illinois and we too are having a cold spell. -26 Celsius but feels much colder due to the icy wind. Hope it won't last long!! Stay warm!!
Thanks so much for sharing at Allsorts challenge!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Chrissy said...

Love the background and fun snowmen and the giant snowflake, fabulous card.. Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Little Red Wagon, hope you will play again..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Dena J said...

Brilliant job with the wax paper resist background. That's such a fun technique I forget about - thank you for an inspiring reminder to play with it once again. Adorable snow friends as well. Thank you so much for joining the challenge at Allsorts.

Sarah said...

What a fabulous wax resist background. Perfect for allsorts this week, Sarah

Jackie C said...

Fabulous winter card!
0 We are always super happy to see every entry in our mailbox at 613 Avenue Create.
Please do come back again!
The very best of luck with your entry.
Jackie, DT member at 613 xx

Lynda said...

fun card and technique. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

Mervi said...

Cute and sweet card!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts.
DT Mervi

Curly said...

Such a super cute card,
Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Catz Challenge , we hope to see you in future challenges.
Keep it Crafty
Hugs Bridget CCDT