Saturday, June 20, 2020

“People are just as happy as they make up their minds to be.” ― Abraham Lincoln

Hello!
Hope you're all well!
It's been gloomy & rainy here, not our usual June, and things are a little behind.
Cherries probably have another couple weeks; last year we were eating & picking them on July 1st. My cucumbers are just coming up in the garden. I think they need the heat!
Rally muggy today, but accomplished a lot!

This is the latest card  sent Mr. B!


 When making it my label maker ran out of ink!





I showed Kalen & he said to save it for a 'cow' card!

This was his reaction!





I told his mother that they should all be that excited and appreciative when I send a card......I added, or do I have to send you tattoos too!?





I'd better get busy making him another one!

Because he knows that we see the same moon, I'm always taking pictures for him




This one was about 4am, and has the petunia tree in it!
It is growing by leaps & bounds!

My little masked friend has been checking things out in the yard about that time too! 




Last night the weather was good, so we had the back neighbors over for a firepit & drinks(and snacks)!


Moscow Mule! 


There was apricot liqueur, and apple cider on the menu too!

It was a lovely evening!

I think the yard work is caught up for a minute!
Kalen & I did some inside stuff; put my stair railings up for the basement. They've been down since the washer & dryer got moved downstairs. We hung some curtains.
Watered everything in sight. I think they appreciate it more when it's cloudy rather than scorching hot! 

The back 40 needs mowed, but that can wait a minute!
If we keep it up, we don't spend as much on gas as when we first decided to mow it!
Was really slow going and took about 3 days!
Was so overgrown & weedy!
There's only one corner left; also the portion that Kalen threw all the branches from pruning, there's a dirt pile, and manure pile!
It will all get cleaned up.

Next weekend, I plan on painting my little front porch on the inside.  I have had the paint, it just hasn't made the list!
It's on the list now! I'll have to pick out a simple light fixture too. It's a bare bulb, and I'm not fond of them!

Better go!
Wash your hands & stay safe!
Talk to ya later!

7 comments:

Diane said...

Love the card design. What fun pictures, Kalen is sure cute. It is still raining here, still waiting for summer.

Hugs diane

Sandra H said...

Great post Gail love the card and pictures great fire pit looks warm and well the apricot drink looks yummy - weather wet here too stay safe x

brenda said...

Another great post Gail, we picked our first cherries yesterday, very sweet but not very big and the really should be given all the rain we've had.

Have a good Sunday.

B x

Claudia said...

Gail, this is such a wonderful card with the moon and an amazing luck that you share the happiness of the lucky person received it, so sweet.

Hugs Claudia

Barbara said...

Can't believe it took me so long to get back to your post... read it the day you published it (and loved the Lincoln quote) but was somehow distracted before I got to the very end. Seems to be the story of my life at the moment. Summer here seems to be the same, not really warm, not really rainy... I'm enjoying it anyway, with reference to old Abe! Stay safe!

CraftinGranny said...

Man, there is NOTHING normal about my life these days! The card is really cute but the boy is absolutely adorable. Glad you've got the garden and things to keep you busy. I'm so old I potted my tomatoes in pots this year. Will be seeing more of you as I'm coming back to blogging to get my sanity back....lol Hugs, Granny Carol

Shirley-Anne said...

hello Gail , long time between visits .Always enjoy your posts as they full of family and garden titbits beside the craft you share .Love the card the moon is a delight .
Stay safe and well. sending virtual hugs