Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Angels fly because they take themselves lightly.-Jean Cocteau

Hello peeps!

Relax, no rant today!

The kids were home on the weekend, and we watched Rango & The Adjustment Bureau!
Those kids know me!
I don't go to movies....the odd fundraiser that's it!
They were both great!!

I've been busy!
Of course I have!
I was going to tell you the mothball story, from the previous post!

We have a mouse; not in the house yet, but under the far tub!
I was in my craft room one night, and I heard a noise.
I thought, "What the heck is that dog doing?"
And went to look!
The dog was asleep on the steps.
I come back to the craft room, pause at the bathroom & other bedroom, and hear it!
Partying under the tub!
I took Christmas out of the closet, cause that's where the access to the pipes is!
Brought home a box of Steel Wool from the store and went to work, filling the 5" holes that were cut for 2 (two) 1/2" pipes. IKIDYOUNOT!
I'm going to be a contractor in my next life.
Don't know if I wanna 'do it right', or shove all my crap into walls etc., and cut really BIG holes where they're not needed!!
Anyhoo, I put steel wool around the vent stack that I could reach too.
I threw a block of mouse poison under there, put Christmas back in the closet and called it good.

A couple weeks later; Ray, from his lazy chair says,"you didn't get rid of that mouse."

The problem is, the tub drains at the far end, it isn't accessable from the access!

I clean Christmas out of the closet again; the mouse poison is gone; I throw half a box of mothballs under the tub,  & another mouse poison block.
2 days later, the whole house smells like mothballs, Ray 'thinks' the mouse is gone, and the kids are coming home for the weekend!
I decided I should have only put about 2 mothballs under there, so while everyone's at the Demolition Derby, I open the access up, and vacum up all the mothballs I can see!
Had to throw the vacum cleaner bag away, and I think I've got it under control!
Sure glad it was summer so the windows could be open, I'd have died in the winter!
The kids stayed out in the camper!
Christmas IS NOT back in the closet ....yet!
And I didn't know what smelled worse...the mothballs or the room deodorizer I had bought for my craft room to make it tolerable! YUCK!

Got some pics for you.
I've been working on Sympathy cards....maybe if I have a stock pile of them, I won't need them!



Made my mom's BD card, and got it in the mail.


My chore today was to sort the bottles!
I have maybe 1/4 of that in the back of the van!



I did get most of the yard mowed yesterday.
It was raining when I came home from work today, I read my latest Janet Evanovich (Stephanie Plum) novel, until the rain quit.

Shadow helps with the bottles.......hahahaha, she licks the pop bottles, and juice jugs, etc.!
She doesn't listen when I tell her "You don't know where that's been!"

Gotta go.
Talk to ya later!

Ta ta for now!

4 comments:

Myrna said...

Gail
You lead an interesting life!!!
Lovely cards. We have been busy and my cards have gotten laid aside but soon. I made a fancy one and am not sure what to do with it yet but have had some suggestions. (nice ones)lol
Have a wedding card to finish very soon.
Take care.
Myrna

Curt in Indy said...

Hey You! Great cards. . .Happy Birthday to your Mom! I hope she has a great day. You had me snickering when you kept having to take "Christmas out of the closet". Then all I could think about was my cute House Mouse images eating poison. . .LOL Hug that sweet Shadow for me. Best, Curt

Curt in Indy said...

Seriously. . .are you ever home? Or do you just not answer your phone? LOL

Gail L said...

Are you trying to call me? Cause I'm NEVER home or in the house if it's not raining!
Gonna do a post about my day!