Saturday, April 30, 2011

The nicest thing about the future is that it always starts tomorrow.

Let me TELL you about my day!

Ray was called to work last night and left around 5 am for a sleepover or 2 or 3!
And I'll tell ya right now that it's probably for the best!

I got up at 7 am.
Slept in for sure!
I put some Boston Baked Beans in the slow cooker, cause I've had a craving, and I used the ham bone from last week.
I put a seasoned roast & all the fixins in the oven, preset the temp, cook time etc! Cause I'm going to play outside.
Was on my second load of laundry, that I was hanging on the line, and cleaning my tub, for my much anticipated jacuzzi soak later; when I had MUD coming out of the tap....MUD I tell ya!
Looked in the washer, and it was filling up with Mud too..arrgghhhhhhhh!

Let's back up.
A couple weeks ago, Mr. Procrastinator (who lives at this address) told me that the heave in the ice, when the dugout filled, busted the rope holding the water lines & float.
Then just this past week, he told me that the ice was gone he could get a boat in there. to fix it.
See he tells me this stuff, doesn't mean it gets done.

I STOMP (cause that's what I do when I'm testy) out to the dugout, and find the float sucked up against the south side.
The water lines are sticking out again, so I'm thinking they probably took a nose dive into the south bank!
And....I can see the broken rope!
Well.....I'm nothing if not resourceful, I figure I'll get a hold of the broken end somehow, but How will I get it across to the other side?
I thought of tying something to a rope, but seriously people....I throw like a girl, and I didn't know if I could throw it over 80 feet, cause that's how far it is from one side to the other, and that's the width!
It's 120 feet long......anyhooo, I think about this as I'm wandering around tryng to find something to snag the broken rope with.
I'm also thinking if I find a long enough piece of rope I can walk it around to where it's supposed to be tied to a pole! Or, do I have to run to town in my rubber boots, and farm clothes and get some rope?
Well, I find a R E A L L Y  L O N G piece of rope in the shed, and while I'm there I grab a tarp strap...it has hooks on both ends hmmmmm!?
I tied the tarp strap to a smaller piece of rope I had and flung it out in the water, and it catches the rope!
Honestly, one try, just like that!
I tie, (wishing I'da paid attention in Girl Scouts) my really long rope to the busted piece, and start walking around the dugout.
Oh look, it's Mr. & Mrs. Duck back this year.
Yeah, camera in my pocket like always, and it's probably about here I got a boot full of water!


Of course I shrieked!
It's damn cold this time of year!
I keep going, and look, I tried to get a picture of some cranes for you!




Hahahaha! Aren't you guys impressed!?
I'm lucky I didn't fall in the dugout or loose the rope!
I'm getting around to the north side thinking to myself I don't know if I'm gonna be tough enough to pull those hoses over, or what if my rope breaks, I'm back at square 1, when I can feel it slurping out of the mud, and coming with me.
By now, full boot & all I'm ecstatic, I tie it to it's pole, empty my boot, and come back to the house!
It's not even 10 am, and I've already worked up a sweat!
I empty the washer, and set it to rinse again, and wah lah.......clearish water.
No mud anyway!

I finish my housework, and laundry, and go out to play!
Look, isn't this thee healthiest dandelion you've ever seen?!
For sure it's spring!


I make myself a bridge over the little creek with a pallet!

I get sidetracked & clean off the little deck. It had a broken planter on it, and extension cords from Christmas lights & stuff.
I prune the cottoneasters in front of the little deck.
I put away the Christmas solar lights that I left out, because I thought they didn't work all winter.
Turns out I just didn't turn them on!
So I left them out to enjoy them, but the days are getting longer, and I have to stay up later to see them, so I put them away!

I get the rake & clean up around Shadows house.

I haul & burn 3 wheelbarrow loads of dead willows & crap, and 2 of heavier stuff that's on my side of the little creek, it's heavy cause it's wet.
It rained twice, and I sat with the cat in the woodshed!
And  at 1:00 pm I was sitting by the fire pit drinking beer, cause I was about done in.
And in my defence it was probably 5 o clock somewhere!

OH, here's my fearless guard dog, when I'm busy.....sleeping in the shade of the pump house!


So; it's not even 6 pm, I've had my supper, my jacuzzi, brought the clothes in off the line, had a nap, now I'm going to look for the hockey game!
Second game in the series!

I'm also working on some cards for Kalen & mom for Canada Day.

Here's one I made, and I found the recipe here!
(No, not for Canada Day!)


Tomorrow, I'm not gonna do much, a load of laundry, and a wedding shower......that's it, oh yeah, gotta bake something for the meeting Monday too!
I'm thinkin apple pie!
Gotta go, you guys have a great weekend!

Ta ta for now!

4 comments:

Bonnie Weiss said...

OMG ... I'm exhausted just READING about your day! You certainly are resourceful and self-sufficient, girl ...makes us all proud!!!

Gail L said...

Thanks Bonnie, I really wanted to sit in a puddle and cry!

Myrna said...

Hi Gail
Such nice photos.
Seems like we can get such a lot done when Mr. Procrastinator is away? I thought he only lived at my house. lol Guess he leads a double life. lol
Man oh man are you ever a resourceful lady. Your cards are pretty and I wasted some more time by going to Sandi MacIver's site and fooling around there. Aw well, didn't feel like sewing curtains anyway.
Thanks for the email. It means so much to me.
Myrna

Curt in Indy said...

OK so much to say. . .Your cooking sounds so incredible and I so wish I lived closer so that I could come and mooch your food. Secondly, you wear me the hell out with all that you do in a day. What you listed in this post would take me a week to do. You make me feel like such a slug. . .Then, when you said you shrieked when your boot filled, and I saw the two pictures I laughed out loud. I pictured that you have out this God awful shriek and that duck was looking back like "what the hell?" and those cranes were getting the hell out of there from fright. LOL OMG that made me laugh just to think about it. I love coming to your blog. . . It's like visiting with a favorite, funny, delightful aunt who is such a character. You have to be one of my most favorite blogs to visit. Best, Curt