Monday, January 10, 2022

Stop Trying to Calm the Storm. The Storm Will Pass. Calm Yourself.

 Happy New Year!

I am a little slow getting going!

It's been a real busy month + a little.

I will show you Bryson's Christmas card, then you can get on with your day!

Bryson loves The Grinch. He thinks everyone should have a dog like Max. I got the image off the internet, resized it, and made a shaker card.

I spent Christmas with my favorite people up in northern Alberta.


I now know why we don't travel in the winter.

I arrived 11 and a half hours after I was supposed to.

2 delayed flights, and 2 missed flights.

My cousin picked me up at the airport, as the kids had to go home. The nearest airport for them to pick me up is 3 hours away. 

Crystal delivered me safely at 3am. I should have uploaded the video. Vanessa cried.

We baked.

OOPS!

We played.


 


I saw a sunset or two!


I miss those!

However, I do NOT miss the weather!

-30 to -40 or worse the whole time I was there. My face hurt to go outside.

After 10 days, they drove me back to catch my plane. I stayed in a hotel, as my flight was at 6am.

It was canceled.

That was a Tuesday. I stayed with my cousin, as the airlines delayed flights, canceled flights, and by Wednesday night, when they rebooked my flight yet again, I said "How can you bump me off a flight I have been confirmed on?"

June (airline rep) said, "You're not the only one flying."

By this time, there are police in the airports, as flights all over were being canceled or delayed. And people were not happy.

I said, "This is BS. I want a refund, cancel all my flights."

My aunt had been visiting her daughter, my cousin Crystal; I drove back with her Saturday & Sunday. It's a long way, and it's winter!

So I had an adventure! It was too cold for the kids to come back to get me, so I did things with my cousin that her mom didn't want to. We went to a concert. (It was canceled) Haha, if I want to see the choir, I have to go back in May, that's when they rescheduled it!

Had some retail therapy, ate out twice, went to a craft store, a movie. Even though I would have loved to spend those extra days with my little family, I had a good time!

I DID get a refund for my plane ticket home which I was happy about, because I spent 3 times the amount to come home, as I did to get there. Cause I love them!!!!

I have also applied for compensation, we'll see how that goes.

We have had cold here -20 and a TON of snow. Supposed to snow tonight, we have shoveled for days.

Friday the neighbor across the street had her dad plow a path down the driveway, and then she came over on her quad with a blade. Very grateful!

Kalen bought a house in town. I think he takes possession the 29th. He is in no hurry to move in. He's going to sort through stuff, and move slowly.

I got his car detailed for him for Christmas, and was going to get the van done, but it will have to wait until after he moves. It still isn't fully unloaded from our move!!!

I did take the garbage, bottles and recyclables to the appropriate depots!

Getting my booster shot on Friday.

I did get a flu shot, hope this stuff works!

I'd better go, we are really busy at work. Makes me tired. 

I am finishing up my Valentines so should be back here before Valentine's Day!

Talk to ya later.

Wash your hands, wear your mask, stay safe!

4 comments:

Barbara said...

Retail therapy - I love it! And I need it, too!! Traveling is not half the fun it used to be it seems - but then again that will be a Christmas remembered through generations, especially the trip back home! Love the card you made for Bryson and clearly you were all having a very good time!

Sandra H said...

I just love it when your posts pop up they are always an interesting read xx

chrissy xx said...

Yikes! That's commitment to get to see you favorite people Gail. Sounds as though another few weeks there and you might have well stopped till this Christmas!! At least you had a fab time and got to do things that really weren't planned. FAB shaker card....LOve it.
Chrissyxx

Claudia said...

Hi Gail, your Grinch card is fantastic. Just looking at it and wait until he lets fall the Christmas bauble, hihihi

GLG Claudia