Saturday, February 20, 2016

Life didn't come with a fool-proof manual. --Richard Carlson

Hello!
I made Kalen a card for his new job.

 I sent it this past week with his mail and included a gift card for one of his favorite restaurants. 

The next part of this post is a little out of the ordinary for me!
I've been doing some serious thinking lately. I've been cranky, weepy, emotional. You gf's reading this post, who hang out with me regularly, do not need to offer sympathy or feedback. It's not what I'm looking for!
Sometimes I find myself wondering if I (as one person) can make a difference in the world! The quote "Always be kind" has been on my mind A. LOT!
When we went to Grande Prairie for the concert we spent some time with my cousin.
When we got back to our room after the concert, we encountered this:


It was from my sneaky cousin. In the envelope, was this letter:


Which said:
Go Figure, the only pen I have in the truck is a highlighter.
I hope you had a great time tonight, that you smiled, laughed, maybe even cried a little. Most importantly, I hope you made a memory. When you looked around you, I pray you realized how surrounded you are with love, with friends that mean as much or more than family. I can promise you that they're not chillin' with you for your riches or fame, they are with you for your heart filled with contagious hope, optimism & humor; for your beautiful eyes filled with sparkle, laughter and mischief; for your creativity, your passion, your drive. 
You are infectious, uplifting, kind, insightful and beautiful inside and out. 
I am with you in realizing the world is not all we dreamt it would be....But oh my dear, the gifts God does bless us with are so much better than riches!
Like these friends of yours tonight. xoxo
Thank you for always being a ray of sunshine in my life.
I pray these stickers are uplifting, encouraging, and that these flowers are some bright color in your beautiful days. 
Stay Beautiful!
Stay Creative!
Stay Strong!
xoxoxo
Love Crystal
P.S. Eat Chocolate
xoxo
Sometimes I get tired; being the planner, event co-ordinator, liner up of stuff to do, trying to get all my peeps to play along!
Sometimes I wonder if it's worth the effort!? I wonder what would happen if I just quit trying to plan, do stuff, get together........... Honestly, some days I just want to scream when you people are uncooperative! But that would be selfish and uncaring............
So I'll just keep on keeping on, and you peeps will play or not.............it's what I do, and according to Crystal, I'm good at it! 
Don't forget, if you don't show up for what we have planned or is going on.......we talk about you! hahahaha
It also makes me think of the quote, 'No matter how you feel, get up, dress up, and show up.' I get annoyed when someone says, 'Oh I should have came.' 
I am never going to beg, or try to talk you into it! I do not have the energy or time! You need to know that whether or not you're participating, I'm doing/ going!
Anyhoo..........

I have to keep being me, even though some days are a chore to get through!

Keeping in the same vein, the kids had a friend over for a Sunday supper.
He was lamenting that when he goes to some of his friends houses he feels awkward, and out of place.
I said, "What do you feel when you come here?"
He said, "Like family."

And that my friends was an enormous compliment! It's what I love to hear! 

Alrighty, I'm done!
I have the rest of the afternoon to find a good movie on Netflix, and make some cards! 
I watched Tomorrowland last week, and made cards! 
I liked it.

Hope you are well!
Talk to ya later!

6 comments:

Diane said...

Fabulous card design Gail and wow how sneaky your cousin is and what a lovely bouquet and letter.

Hugs diane

brenda said...

A very touching post Gail, clearly you mean a lot to your family and friends.

B x

Barbara said...

Wow - and it seems like your cousin got it 100% right! Lovely card, too. Hope you had a great weekend!

MaryH said...

Not only got to enjoy a pretty & inspiring card, but a thoughtful, beautiful & totally wonderful post. Your cousin must be a very special person to recognize you for the person you are. I'm always amazed at all the things you talk about doing for those you love/like, and you always seem to be so vitally active. I'm glad when you were feeling a bit down, that someone took the time to let you know what you mean to those around you, and that it made you feel like life was all worthwhile. We can't control what others do, only ourselves. And it's good to remember - when we feel like giving up - there may be some person that really needs us to not do that. Then you pick yourself up, jump back in the race (hey, didn't Frank Sinatra sing that in a song or something?!). Thanks - I enjoyed this post very much indeed. Hang in there. Hugs

Anonymous said...

a fabulous card! no sympathy, as requested, but an observation that you are generous to share your thoughts while some of us just don't do it even if we think similar thoughts. keep on keeping on sounds like a great plan and maybe more motivating than the 'one day at a time.'

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

ah wonderful card, Gail, I do love the combination of embossing, die cuts and stamping, very well done!
Mm think there is always one organiser in group seems it is me with my friends ..

...but hey it sis God given talent as your friend says and we need to use it wisely to be a blessing to others and thus to ourselves .. think they were some very wise heart cheering words in that letter, what a huge pick me up!
God bless you, dear friend Gail each and every day in all that you do.. dot it for Him, for others and lastly also for yourself..
Thanks so much for popping over and for sharing.
Hugs, Shaz in Oz.x
PS yes, am well at the mo too since you asked :D

{Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards}