Sunday, April 19, 2015

Believe you can and you're halfway there. --Theodore Roosevelt

Hello peeps!
Nice to see you!
 
I've been working on the computer for 2 hours!
Not a lot to show for it either!
I wanted to talk to you yesterday, but the battery in my camera was dead, so I couldn't show you what I've been doing!
The Avon is ordered & updated.
I've pinned my little heart out!
Peggy & I are supposed to make a sign for a friends daughters wedding, so must get our butts in gear!
The wedding is in September, which will be here soon enough!
 
I've made 2 of these! One a purplish hue, and the other a sand color.
 
 
They're for the aunts I always invite to moms in June.
So they know when the bus(me) leaves for the Amish Auction Sale in Montana!

 
I leave them blank so they can use them.
One aunt said, "Don't quit asking."
I'm getting suspicious that they just want the cards!
hahaha!
The little 'Hello' cup is clear embossed.
I kept them simple & flat, cause postage these days is crazy!
I think they'll make nice thinking of you cards! Or encouragement.
 
Not sure if I told you about the Thelma & Louise trip I'm going on!?
Anyhoo, my friend stayed with me earlier this week while she took a Cardiac course here in town. (She's a nurse)
This was the note I found Tuesday when I came home from work!!!

 
We had Firepit Friday last night. (3rd one of the season already!)
Also Sunday supper!
Vanessa's a big hockey fan (Ottawa Senators), and wanted her neighbors over that are moving the beginning of June.
Friday it rained so my friends & I went to the local Trade Fair!
That's where businesses show you what they got.
Obviously I didn't win anything, cause no one has called!
I made these One Hour Cinnamon Buns for dessert!
They were awsome, and a big hit!
 
It's lovely out, so when I get off here, instead of making the card I had planned I'm going to find an outdoor project to do at Vanessas!
I got them patio furniture a few weeks ago.
Happy Birthday, and Merry Christmas to them!
Done. The pressure's off!!
Maybe I'll just go sit on said furniture!!
We are going to do work on the fence, make a privacy screen (from the neighbors), and that might be all that's on the list this year!
I don't feel I can stand on a ladder for any length of time yet, so will paint the entry when I can!!

 I can stand to sand the shutters I got to make a screen for the patio!
I've been eyeing up the shutters for months, as they were on the lawn outside my living room window!
I was going to steal them in the middle of the night.
I just asked!
The answer was yes!

My friend P needed a screen & windbreak for her covered deck, so she got the left over shutters!!

Better go.
I bought a bag of baking bananas at the store yesterday, so will make Banana Bread later!

Hope you're all well!
Talk to ya later!

7 comments:

brenda said...

I'm hovering back to the mention of Banana Bread Gail, years since I had that but adore bananas especially cooked as it really brings out the flavor. Your cards for the Aunts are very elegant.

B x

chrissy xx said...

Yikes! Yu've a lot going on at the moment! lol..
Great cards..
Looked at the Cinnamen Buns...Yummy! Could just eat a couple of them..
Sounds like the trip will be fun! I've seen the film lol If the trips as good as the preparations you'll have a great time.
Hope your foots doing okay and your still using the cream {Wink}
Chrissyxx

Myrna said...

I love the simplicity of this card. Especially the embossing.
Myrna

Barbara said...

Well, I can see why your aunts want to keep the cards coming - not only because of the specimen above but whenever I see a card you made! And is it really almost time again for that big Amish Auction already?! It seems you only mentioned it a couple of months ago... Please do get some use out of that patio furniture and give your foot a rest every now and then!

MaryH said...

Pretty cards, and your aunts are lucky to have you around! Lucky you to be able to take a trip to what sounds like a most interesting auction. Will be looking forward to hearing about this adventure, and hopefully seeing some pictures of the scenery you will travel through. Happy to read that you seem to be mending well, able to be active in doing those things you obviously enjoy and are good at. Also glad that you are having nice enough weather to get out & enjoy the pretty sunshine. TFS & big hugs.

Diane said...

Wonderful fun designs Gail your aunts will certainly enjoy them. Sounds like your Amish auction will be great.

Hugs Diane

downrightcrafty said...

super design and love the colour
hugs Kate xx