Saturday, December 1, 2012

Light tomorrow with today. --Elizabeth Barret Browning

Hello peeps!
Hope you're all well!
I have a minute, maybe 10; and I am drinking a beer, but thinking about going to blow snow!
I did get the Advent baby gift delivered this week!
It was a BIG hit, and they were excited for the weekend (today) to start!!!

Monday this week I had an FCSS (Family & Community Support Services).
It was short & sweet so did dinner with a friend!

Tuesday was a FOML (Friends of the Manning Library).
That was short & sweet too, and afterwards we had a whine wine & snack get together with the Library Board.
This was my contribution + a bottle of Two Colors wine from Dr. Zen Zen.
These are 2 Bite Cheesecake, and Rum Balls


 
Earlier this week I saw this guy!

 
Not the same as the Hogwarts Owl last year, but maybe someone's cousin!
 
Buster thought I was working too hard one day, and strolled into my office,
and flopped his head on my knee!
Or maybe he just wanted a little TLC!
 
 
WE let him in the office to thaw out on cold days, cause he won't go in the shop.
 
These guys were on the road!
It's SNOWING again, so the least snow is on the road!
 
 
 
The weather forecast shows no snow for Thursday!?
THURSDAY!? SERIOUSLY!? 
WhooptyFreakinDo! OY!

I did Happy Hour at the Old Folks Home last night. And it WAS happy!

This morning was a funeral for one of my old friends from the OFH!

He was the one who took an alarm clock to a picnic, cause his watch broke.
The alarm wouldn't shut off!

He sat behind me on the bus, and told EVERYONE that would listen that I drove 100 mph.
We're metric here people....he just didn't get that memo! We had a talk!
He also didn't get to sit in the seat behind me anymore!

I have a ton more stories; I tried to be sad, but we'd just get the giggles.

He had a tiny framed picture of him & I that sat at his place in the dining room when I quit!
He showed it to me one day.
Me: "Where are we?"
Him: "Idunno"
Me: "What are we doing?"
Him: "Idunno"
Me: "Well we're sure happy!"

The family's going to give it to me!

I was an honorary pallbearer, and it WAS an honor!
I think he was autistic (somewhat), also obsessive compulsive, I learned a lot of patience with him;
he was exasperating at times, but always made me smile!
I'll miss him! He was 84.

I came home and made 3 batches of poppycock!


One of Vanessa friends in Vancouver wrote this about it earlier this week!

Yaaay!!! Haha. Gail, are you making poppycock this year? If so, I would love to place an order. Its not Christmas without your poppycock!! Xo
You're the best! I rave about your poppycock here!!!
That's how much I love it. Whatever you can do...no pressure. I'll live without if you can't. Totally OK! :-)

I left out the part about how it must be laced with CRACK cause that's how addictive it is!
GAWD!
Anyhoo, as you can see, there's no pressure (yeah right), so I got right on it!
Gonna mail it out on Monday, cause he's not coming home for Christmas.

Finally we got the snow removal flag down to the end of the driveway, BEFORE the grader went by, and here he is!!!!

 
I was so happy to see him, I ran outside with a bag of poppycock for him too!
Tis the season after all!
 
I DID make a card this week; when you ask?
.........Must have been in my sleep!
I have to make the kids different Christmas cards this year (usually I make them the same);
they post them on Facebook these days!
Not sure if it's a competition or what!
 
I still want to make a Thank You for Kalen & his friends for hanging out with me while I was there!
 
Anyhoo, here's the card!
 
 
I got the inspiration over here!
I have a few more cards in my pointed little head,
but I really think I'm going to fire up the snow blower!
 
Talk to ya later!
Ta ta for now!

5 comments:

Curt in Indy said...

I am simply awestruck over that owl picture. What a beauty he is. I would not be able to work because of that dog. . .I'd be on the floor with him the whole time! BTW. . .are you going to make poppycock this season???? If so I'd like to place an order, I could live without it so no pressure you know. . .It just won't be the same without it though. I'm sure I'd rave to everyone about it if I had some. . .no pressure though. . . Hell, if that's all it takes. . . Hugs, Curt

Myrna said...

Gail
Great pictures.
No I am not going to ask for a batch of poppy cock but I WILL ask for the recipe. Haha how come you didn't see that coming? (and post it)
Yummy looking goodies. I make rum balls too for certain people.
Sorry you had to go to a funeral. But your memories of him are pretty special.
Myrna
Oh ya, I looked up how to make your great elf shoes and even though your card looks great I think it is too much work for me. lol

Barbara said...

What IS poppy cock? A special kind of popcorn? Rumballs are on my list, too - make them every year. They usually don't last until Christmas, though. I love all the snow you have - we got our first yesterday... and that is when it disappeared again, too. And yes, the owl is gorgeous. And the card is too cute! The shoes must be life size!

catherine said...

Sounds like you have been busy Gail and love all your pics especially the snow ones. It looks amazing to me because we don't get that much!!
x catherine

Claudia said...

Hi Gail, what a fun card. Love also all your great pictures, showing something of your life.

Thank you very much for all your lovely comments and I wish you a great day.

Hugs Claudia