Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Be careful the environment you choose for it will shape you; be careful the friends you choose for you will become like them. --W. Clement Stone

I want to be just like all of you!

My 'Snow Days" are ending tomorrow!
Thank goodness!
The laundry is ALL done, the floors are sparkling, and Ray said he'd be home tomorrow to fix the snow blower! Whoo hoooo!

I can only take so much of this down time (unless I'm on vacation)!
I might or might not have e-mailed my peeps at the county office this morning,
and said, "Nobody's getting their AVON until I get out of here!"
The grader went by at 2:50pm!
I can imagine what my desk looks like at work, and I'm the Handi Van driver for the Community Run this Thursday, and next!
There goes those mornings!

I also had a minute to read my book, and have an awesome drink!
You know I make my peeps different coffees & hot chocolates, cause I got nuthin else to do!!!???
Sometimes I have left overs, and I decided to try one this afternoon.
I'm going to give you the recipe cause it goes in milk, and you know how I feel about that, so it MUST be good!

Hot Choco Coffee Mix
2/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup cocoa
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 cup instant coffee
Mix together, put in decorative jar.
Directions: Heat 1 cup of milk in a large mug in microwave on high for about 2 minutes.
You want this really hot.
Add 1-2 Tbsps. Hot Choco Coffee Mix. Stir.

I used 3 tablespoons, and yummo! I had 2 mugs of the stuff!

I also made 10 Sympathy cards for the stash.

 
I have a couple packages of these blue & brown cards with envelopes.
I used the SU Medallion stamp, and Hello Doily.
They're all a little different.
The ribbon hides where I screwed up stamping!
Why are you not surprised!?
The ones with ribbons & buttons are a little bulky, but I'll probably use them locally.
 
Hope it's warmer in your neck of the woods!
Snowfall Update: It's still snowing!
 
Hope you're all well!
Talk to ya later!
Ta ta for now!

8 comments:

Myrna said...

Gail
Glad to hear you are back on the road again.!!!
Your cards are lovely (even tho' it is for a sad occasion).
We had a huge dump of snow and I had a dermatology appt. this a.m. It was a 10 minute drive that took almost an hour.
Myrna

chrissy xx said...

Well you have been busy lol..
LOok to be all FABulous...LOving your colours.
Chrissyxx
You told us all not to mention S+++ and you have again!! lol.

Barbara said...

"The S word" - I love it... glad to hear, though, that your troubles will come to an end soon. For now at least. That recipe might just be the first thing I do when I get home tonight. Lovely cards!

downrightcrafty said...

gosh you must have lots of time on your hands great work
hugs Kate xx

downrightcrafty said...

can I just say we are expecting snow !!!!! must have been your post yesterday :( off to put the heating on
Hugs Kate x

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

These are absolutely gorgeous and so elegant
Lindsay xx

sallysbitz2 said...

Your cards are lovely, very effective x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.co.uk

CraftinGranny said...

Thanks for the recipe. Will make some and give it to some friends for a Christmas gift as it sounds so yummy. I always admire when you make a group of cards with just a twist of something different. These are wonderful Gail! "Hugs"
ps. Keep the snow up there. Won't be ready for any until Christmas Eve....lol