Thursday, October 18, 2012

October Challenge over at CCAYR

WARNING: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN CHRISTMAS CARDS!

OK I played along with Christmas Cards All Year 'Round.

This month we would like you to...
Create a card using a non traditional image with traditional Christmas colours
OR
Create a card with a traditional Christmas image using non traditional colours.
 
I just want you to know that this was hard!
HARD I TELL YA!
 
Does 'embossing' count as an 'image'!?
Cause for the life of me, none of the stamps I wanted to use looked right!
(Maybe if I'da picked different colors....it's October, I'm in Halloween mode!)
 
 
 
I wanted to make an easel card......
I scored my cardstock the wrong way!
Of course I did!

 
And just so ya know, the snowflake is IVORY!
Not WHITE like a 'traditional' snowflake!
 

 
Oh well, I was kinda happy with the finished product, and made 4 of these not right easel cards!!
But, ya know what!?
Somebody will get them at Christmas and not know they're wonky!
 
Talk to ya later!
Ta ta for now!

5 comments:

Myrna said...

Gail
Love your wonky easel card !! The little JOY dice (or whatever you call them) are a really neat touch.
Myrna

Sandra H said...

Hi Gail, This is gorgeous! x

Barbara said...

Great card, Gail! Love the colors and that large snowflake in particular...

Shirley-Anne said...

hello Gail .Fabulous Christmas card and Loved the embossed image along with the JOY .

Shirley-Anne

Ciska said...

I still think this is a gorgeous card, 'wonky' or not! Thank you for playing along with us @ CCAYR this month :)