I haven't been sleeping.....not sure if it's the heat or what!
We had a slight reprieve on Sunday for a minute when it rained 8 mm!
Yup, that's it. And they didn't get any rain where the fire is!
I found this so you can read up!
The kms is wrong, we have crews working up there, and they say it's closer!
http://www.industrymailout.com/Industry/View.aspx?id=379728&q=484634120&qz=e7ac76
Here are a few pictures of how smokey it was on Sunday.
This is the back yard.
This is looking north west/ where the fire is.
This is west down the driveway.
Yesterday we had NO smoke, cause the wind had shifted.
We had blue sky & clouds, and heat!
I made my mom a mini album from the Family Reunion that was held near her place 8 years ago.
It's there again this year.
Her birthday's around the same time, I'm sure she'll love it!
I'm also working on her birthday card, which, if I get more than a minute, will be done this week!
Vanessa & Shawn are coming home for the weekend!
It's the annual rodeo!
Our student at work is running for rodeo queen, so I made her a card.
I'll give it to her this morning!
Better go!
Talk to ya later!
Ta ta for now!
10 comments:
Gail
That fire is affecting everyone I think. We have the smell down here even.
Your mom will love the album.
Such a neat card for the Queen wannabee.
Myrna
I hope they get that fire under control soon. Fire is so scary. I have so many trees around my house and on the property that the thought is always in the back of my mind.
I love your album for your mom. What a great idea.
My sister left yesterday morning. We got a lot done and I think the garage sale will be a go for this weekend.
I've never been in a region with huge wildfires - I can't believe all the smoke you get even though you are still sort of away from it all. I LOVE that little album you made and the card, too! With support like that she just MUST perform perfectly.
For sure your mom will love the album an will probably want one for this year.....another task for you but fun one. Shania will definitely appreciate the adorable card. She is a cutie and hope she wins! Have a great weekend and stay away from the fires. "Hugs"
Oh wow it must be so scarey being so close to the fires, make sure you keep yourself safe, luckily we don't really get things like that here in England. Your mini album is gorgeous and I am sure you mum will love it and the card is fab,love the colours
Lindsay xx
Hi Gail , I do hope they get things under control for you it must be so worrying. Its no wonder you are unable to sleep. Your cards are fabulous Gail and that mini album for your mum is gorgeous what cheerful colours its fab. I hope you and your family keep safe , take care Hugs Elaine
Hi Gail, it's still not really looking better with the smog? Is situation still same?
Wow, your mini album and your card is ust great. Love all the details, they are so beautiful.
Thank you also for your visits and your lovely comments on my blog.
Hugs Claudia
It must be so bad for you with all the smoke Gail I do feel sorry for you and the poor people who live around!! Love the mini album your mum will love it what a special keepsake for her and the Rodeo card well she will love it lets hope she becomes the "Queen" Love Chanelle XX
Fabulous mini album to treasure and a brilliant card. I hope the smoke has cleared and that the fire is under control.
Warm hugs
Maarit
I do hope all is ok with you & that fire. It must be very worrying.
Your mini book is brilliant & the Rodeo Queen will adore that card x
hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.co.uk
Post a Comment