Got home yesterday at 1:30 pm.
Yeah, got up in the middle of the night to leave Rocky Mountain House!
The roads for 2 days in 2 provinces were skating rinks for a ways!
The first accident, in B.C.
There's a semi on the left, behind the one you see, sucked up against the mountain, and those people are picking up his load of plywood!
This next one was in Alberta.I'm thinking that trucker on the left; his second trailor went to pass him and swatted the pickup on the right into the ditch!
Good thing the cops were busy while I was driving & taking pictures!
Pretty sure that qualifies as 'distracted driving'!
When I got home, I did 4 loads of laundry, installed a motion light, emptied my vehicle, got the 3 windows on the outside that I'd missed, and helped Ray unload a load of wood!
I'm so tired!
The drive to moms was beautiful!
There's snow on the mountains.....
but the leaves were still on the trees!
These next 2 are in my moms yard!
Kalen planted this following tree on the right when he was about 15!
These next pictures were a yard we saw in Creston!
We went around the corner, and saw this yard!
We helped the G-ma cross 3 or 4 things off her list!
But here she is on her roof!
YIKES!
I volunteered, then volunteered Kalen, but she said that she'd have to come up and show us what she wanted done anyway.............YOI!
And look what I got in my travels!
Gloves!
Apparently the kids in the USA work harder than the women in Canada, cause I have a heck of a time finding gloves that fit!
We introduced Kalen to second hand stores....he was impressed!
Especially when his mother got a set of 11 dinner plates for $2.75! hahahaha
6 were porcelain, and 5 were Noritaki!
We hung out with family & friends, made new friends, shopped, etc.!
I had a van load coming home, but only apples, pears, & peppers to do something with, and I'll be starting that tomorrow after work!
I had an amazing surprise at my moms at Monday!
There was a lady loitering by the fence!
We had a wonderful; albeit short visit, and I hope to do it again sometime!
Hi Myrna!
It really was great to meet you!
It was even made funnier because we're both from Alberta!
So, I gotta go...here's what my desk looks like!
Blurry picture and all!
Gonna clean it off so I can do something!
Talk to ya later!
Ta ta for now!
6 comments:
Gail
I am so glad you are safe and sound at home on good old Alberta soil!!!
I see where you get all your energy from.
Good looking kid you have there. I am so glad we weren't on the roads the same days you were. I like to do my skating on ice skates and in a real rink.
IT WAS WONDERFUL TO MEET YOU IN PERSON. Hope we can have a lot longer visit one of these days.
Great Halloween pictures you took.
Myrna
You crack me up Gail ... most girls on a road trip would come back with new shoes, new clothes, new crafting supplies but not Gail ... you come back with new WORK GLOVES!!!
Boy, the scenery is so beautiful out west. Doesn't seem to matter what the season; there's always something to look at.
And your Mother, ON HER ROOF, what a prize! Now I see where you get your energy and work ethics from!
Happy you are home safe and sound.
I am glad you had a good trip. I am always amazed at how much you accomplish. After seeing your mom on the roof I can see why. You really are a family of "doers".
Sounds like you had a great trip. Oh don't bring that snow on yet..>>I'm NOT ready for that but we do have a chance of snow tomorrow. Sorry you missed out on the candy but maybe next time. My 3 year bloganniversary is in April and I'll have more then. Have a great week. "Hugs"
OMG!!! I'm so excited that you got to meet Myrna! Now I'm jealous of her and you because you all got to meet! What a shocker! I was wondering why Myrna was asking if I had seen your blog yet. . .And your mother on her roof!!! Why am I not surprised??? And I'm with Bonnie because I had thought the same thing. . .work gloves!?! LOL I just love ya! And your son is a handsome guy! So glad you got home safe! Hugs, Curt
Hahaha...Glad to hear you had a great trip! I loved seeing all the pictures and dont know how you have mastered taking pictures while driving. I stopped multi-tasking a few years ago.
Thanks for the comment on my blog but want to set the record straight.. MY numbers are going to win and after that I will meet you and Myrna at a luxurious spa that has the best looking pool boys!
Fabulous pic of you and Myrna!
I will message you right away when I am on route to Vancouver to pick up my big fat cheque!
Hugs,
Sheree
Post a Comment