OK, we all know that there's another "holiday" in October and that's Halloween. So... your Christmas cards this month need to have at least one of what are considered Halloween colours (orange, green, purple, black). We'd also like to see a punch or die cut somewhere on your card and this can mean regular punches, Spellbinders dies, border punches, something that was purchased pre-done, etc!
These are my cards for the October Challenge at CCAYR!
I was going for elegant; think I missed!
Put vellum over the 'Black' horrors snowflake to tone it down.
Had to sew on my lace & pearl ribbon cause it wouldn't stick.
And, embossing on vellum is not easy!
5 comments:
I don't think you missed "elegant" at all ... I quite like the cards and think they are very elegant. As for Halloween ... only 17 more sleeps until it's over!!!!
Gail
These are great. Love black and white.
Myrna
OK, Christmas cards in October are scary enough, but mixing a Christmas card with Halloween colors is too scary for me. I would have been driven nuts with this challenge. The only thing that came to mind for me was to do a Christmas tree with orange, green, white, black, and purple ornaments. That would have been creepy! LOL I think you did a great job on these. Hugs, Curt
I really love the colour combo and finished design. 5 card batch too! Thanks for joining us @ CCAYR. x
Lovely set of cards. Thanks for joining us at CCAYR.
Post a Comment