Saturday, May 7, 2022

Rule #1 of life. Do what makes YOU happy. ~ Unknown

 Hello!

I thought I'd better get on with a card!

I am leaving next week to go visit the kids up north.

They're hoping I bring sunshine.

I told them I'd try, as I think since March 1st, we've had 5 REALLY nice days!

Then I went to blog, and I hadn't uploaded the pictures.

Oi!

Here's Vanessa's birthday card!




 I really have to find a good place to take pictures!

A little out of my comfort zone. It's a Kraftin Kimmie stamp called Social Sally, and I don't think it's available anymore.

I colored and shimmered, and did the inside, and because her card is always blue with a dragonfly......It's stamped & embossed on the back. I did have new stamps and dies I was going to use, but this worked.

Her BFF is taking her to a concert on her birthday, so Bryson and I will make her Death by Chocolate for when she's home the next day!

Then I am going to make my way home after going to a GP Boys Choir concert. It's the one I was going to between Christmas and New Years with my cousin, and it was cancelled! 

Kalen ended up with covid. Really bad-never-ending-cough. He missed about a week of work, worried he gave it to everyone. They do have to wear masks at work; he was here to pick some stuff up. We were outside, and that was before he knew he had it! All was well. 

Mom quit going to Bingo & Canasta, as her friend got it, and she's pretty sure it was at Bingo. 

Mom gets annoyed with me when I put my mask on to go into a place.

You don't have to wear them anymore, is what she says.

I say, I know you don't, but you should and if I can't stay 6 feet away from people, I am wearing it!

We had company this week. Mom's brother & wife came from Alberta. It was lovely! We haven't had company for years.....except the few times my brother has come.

I am busy planning for our family reunion. It's outside, at a park, so will be reminding everyone if they're sick to stay home! Cause I'm mean like that!

Better go.

Hope you're all well!

Stay safe!

Talk to ya later!

4 comments:

brenda said...

Tell you what Gail, the title of your post is something I believe even more in recent months of ill health. Great card and the inner is fascinating.

B x

Sandra H said...

As always your posts are always a good read and love the cards too l hope you do do some nice weather up north and maybe we will get some too take care enjoy your time with the children xx

Sue from Oregon said...


Hello Gail,
Such a fun card! The pop up on the inside is such a fun surprise too! Hope you enjoy your trip. Stay safe and keep wearing your mask! No one here wears a mask except in our state it is required still in medical settings. I am really one of the few still wearing a mask in the grocery store but hey! I don't care. ~ Sue Kment

Barbara said...

Love the title of this post as I was told to do just that since about the end of February - and I think I was pretty good at following that advice ;-)
I love the card you made for Vanessa, the pop-up inside is fantastic! I hope all the birthday plans came to fruition!