Sunday, January 24, 2021

THIS IS THE BEGINNING OF ANYTHING YOU WANT~anonymous

 Good day!

Happy New Year......I'm going to just keep saying that!

I've decided you can't be too late with that greeting!

I see light at the end of the tunnel, with the vaccine, etc.

Until then; I will be a mask wearing, hand washing, order my groceries online fool!

I had some ornaments made just before Christmas. They're made out of wood. A few special people got them.


Thought that summed it up well!

My Valentine's cards are made.

I'm on to an order, which is an assortment of Birthday & Thinking of You.

Mom's card.


Vanessa & Harley's.

Kalen.

Bryson


 


                            I know this one is cheesy....He's 4!

A few friends were sent one out of the drawer.

I have been cleaning, and sorting in the craft area. Today there was a lot of pretty trash!

I did crochet a toque.

A friend had given me a really chunky yarn.


Vanessa said she'd like a headband in blue.

Told her I only had lime green and purple in this wool.

I did however, pick up a lovely blue in my quest to find the size of crochet hook I should have used. Might have to order it online!

I have ordered craft kits online for this year; as I am so far from a 'craft' store, I don't know what I'm missing!

I have been feeding the birds.

Can you see them in these pictures?



 I just truck out to the feeders, and a whole flock of these guys fly up off the ground!

They're so hard to see!!!

We have been taking mom a meal, either Saturday or Sunday, depending on Kalens schedule.

And only if she's home alone.

Yesterday we took, ham, scalloped potatoes, harvard beets, pickles, & banana bread. 

I am making a few treats for my coworkers.

It's been cold here, for us! Below 0.

Not a lot of snow, we are supposed to get some all this week. I need a new shovel, and Home Hardware has electric shovels I have been eye balling!

Better go!

Wash your hands and stay safe!

Talk to ya later!


 

7 comments:

Sandra H said...

I would just love it if the birds followed me while filling the bird stations....you post is always interesting love the bauble and cards take care stay safe the vaccines will be rolling out soon xx

Marianne said...

I agree with you that it's never too late to wish someone a Happy New Year. I'm happy to see you're keeping safe, healthy and busy!
Marianne x

Diane said...

Glad to see you back Gail. Wonderful cards and pictures of the birds. I miss hanging the bird feeder out but we have this persistent male black bear that destroyed two of them last year.

Hugs diane

JD/ Jill said...

You're very talented ....Love your cards, and the ornamnet...and nicely done crochet (something I used to do all the time...maybe this wear be the year that I get back to it...

chrissy xx said...

Will your certainly ahead for the start of this year Gail.
This 'bauble' is Stunning, although we will never forget 2020 as mask time, certainly a reminder to hand down. I've decorations from the 70's when I first got married, daughter says she will keep them to remind her of times gone by.
FABulous cards, lot of love gone into them all. Crocheting is a thing I can't do. Been shown over the years, but, with being left handed? never quite grasped it. Give me a knitting pattern any day. Doing my shopping on line to. Trouble is I seem to be spending as much on food as I am on Crafting bits lol. Yes! Gotta feed our birds I do. But on a smaller scale. Yikes never heard of electric shovels. Only use men lol.
Chrissyxx

JD/ Jill said...

Gail thank you for the nice comments on my card...the one I titled going down memory lane. Since it was made a while ago, I don't remember all the details...but the card was made using a Spellbinders die for the base. It was a Card creator die... 5X7 Mystical Embrace. I cut two of the main die for the card base, and just glue the top edge of the card to make it an upright folding card.

Barbara said...

I have quite some catching up to do... love your Valentines's Day cards! And of course those cute ornaments ;-) They will be a fun reminder of these crazy times, once they are over. Hope you get your vaccine soon; I don't think I will be eligible over here before late fall or something. Oh well.