Thursday, March 26, 2020

For all of its uncertainty, we cannot flee the future. Barbara Jordan

How is everyone doing?

It's a crazy time in the world right now hey!?

I made Kalen a birthday card.
His birthday is next week on April 1st.

Sorry the pic is crooked!
I made & embossed all the balloons, put it together, then realized that the front balloons said something like 84.
I added 2 more!
He likes it.

He didn't fly out to work last week.
He woke up with a sore throat, so came home.
I said I didn't want you flying in that tincan packed like sardines anyway!
He thinks he has one more shift the beginning of April then is done.
He's not sure of a summer job this year, with the Coronavirus front & center!
He stayed home for over a week, then had to go to the hardware store. 
We haven't visited my mom for over a week!

Kalen's been doing yard work; a few projects he wanted to get done.
Right now he's putting a gate across the second driveway.
We have 2 entrances into our property, and since no one lives in the back anymore, I don't know when someone is in my yard unless I see them.
It will give me peace of mind.

I have really cut down on my hours at work.
I will admit, that this is scary.

Kalen & I have been watching movies in the evening.
We've watched JumanjiCrazy Stupid Love, and then we watched Contagion. Last night we watched Car Pool Karaoke & I learned who Billie Eilish is.

I have had to cancel my trip to northern Alberta to see Bryson.
I am sad! 
I got a little emotional yesterday on my way home from work, and seen the splash park & playground roped off so kids couldn't play.
Looked like crime scene tape.

I painfully set up buying lotto tickets online, as I still play with friends from Manning.
I am not going anywhere I don't have to!

My pedicure & hair appointments were cancelled!
My hands are raw from washing! And don't touch your face! 
We will probably have to cancel the Family Reunion for July.
First world problems!

I have been working on Easter cards. I did send off Bryson's, and forgot to take a picture! Again. I have been doing that a lot!

I hope you are all well, and staying home if you can!
We can do this! We're all in this together!

Wash your hands & stay safe!
Talk to ya later!

3 comments:

Sandra H said...

Your card is lovely please stay safe it’s a hard time for us all x

Barbara said...

Yes, it's a wonderful card! Times are crazy but the madness will apss at some point (though I do wonder whether the people who buy all the toilet paper don't have more important things to worry about). Keep enjoying your garden, the crafting and whatever else you do these days. Too bad about the visit to Alberta and possibly even the family reunion but I agree with you 100%: first world problems.

Claudia said...

Hi Gail, oh what a wonderful Birthday card, made with so many details and lovely arranged!
Hugs Claudia