Sunday, September 15, 2019

Act as if what you do makes a difference. IT DOES. ~William James

Hello!
It's been a while!
I have a picture heavy post which will hopefully tell you why I can't visit like I want to!!

I make this cutie cards & send tattoos like I promised.
It looks like he needs several on at one time, and he's sharing with his dad!



 I work full time (ughh);  I also have an acreage with fruit trees etc!
I have made copious amounts of jam!
Apricot, blueberry, cherry, plum, pear & strawberry! 
Most made on my new toy.






The blueberries and strawberries were purchased, the rest I have!
All sorts of liqueurs & pies have been made!
  
I pulled my cucumbers out of the garden when I couldn't keep up anymore with the gazillion pickles I made!






And the salsa.......

There's been the projects!
I call them 'the scuzzy project of the day!'
This window had irritated me from the moment I moved in.
The paint was peeling!
It took a weekend, but it's lovely!

 It needs another coat of paint; may be waiting until next year!
I have a gallon of paint for my front entry that's been sitting there for a couple months! 

3 days sitting in the shed, cleaning garlic!
This was the help!





Mom's 80th birthday!




Company; who's house was bigger than mine!




Enjoying the garden produce!





Enjoying the odd!
One of the solar  lights on my rickety deck(next years project) tipped over.
I'm leaving it!




There you have it!

Today's 'scuzzy project' is cleaning out the hole in the basement the old sump pump is in, and putting in the new one!

It's also been raining; my sheets have been hanging out since yesterday.
I need to get my laundry done; I don't have a working dryer!
I need to get all the fruit on the ground cleaned up.
It will go to Kalen's friend for pigs.
There will be lots of pears, apples and plums, so I'm sure I'll get what I want/need!

I've got an electrician coming Friday.
To wire for the dryer downstairs, and to make my garage 'safe'!
I bought some lights to be installed on the garage too!
Then hopefully that's it for electrical this year!

Plumber is supposed to be coming, to hook up my vent stack (so I don't die from sewer gas), and plumb for a washing machine downstairs.
I will be getting a new washer and dryer within a month!
Also, the guys that hooked up my furnace, and duct work, didn't put the insulation back behind the ducts in the basement!
I emailed & told them I wasn't thin enough to get it up there!
OI!
Hopefully when all that's done, I'm dun for this year with plumbing and electrical!

I cleaned all the boards and wood out of my garage yesterday.
Sold the bottles.
I still take mom lunch or supper every 2,3 or 4 days.
Just so she doesn't eat ice cream for every meal!
I get that she's 80, and can do what she wants; I just try to keep a healthy mix in there!
I also stay for a game or 2 of SkipBo!

Better go, it's trying to be cloudy, and I have clothes to hang out!!!

Talk to ya later!
Hope you're well!

 

2 comments:

Sandra H said...

Wow Gail wished l lived near you with all of your jam making pickles and pies yummy 😋 😋 your posts are always a pleasure to read and having a full time job l don’t know how you manage to pack everything in l hope you get the electric for the dryer they are a must in the winter and the tattoos look 👀 good hopefully they are removable sending lots of love and slow down your mum looks amazing at 80 xx

Barbara said...

Oh my, how do you get all that done. AND work full time? That's insane! It's time for winter to come so you can slow down a bit and recharge. Bryson seems to be getting cuter from post to post - how can that be? Aren't they supposed to be at their cutest when they are really small?! Keep enjoying life and try to get some downtime, too :-)