Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Christmas isn't a season. It's a feeling. -Edna Ferber


Christmas isn't a season. It's a feeling. - Edna Ferber
























It's that mad dash, stressful time of year!
Not for me, I'm dun!
We only worked 2 days this week, and are working 2 days next week.
I know, I know....Relax! 
Ha, I've got a gazillion things on the to-do list! 
I just want to wish you a very Merry Christmas, and with how the blogging is going lately, I'm going to say, 
and
Happy New Year!
All the best in 2016!

Vanessa & I finished the baskets & bags full of homemade goodness!


Yes, there's a beer in the top one!
We customized!
 

 Well, the basket on the right was not turned the right way!
They were filled with salsa, rhubarb relish, almond rocca, cherry bark, nuts & bolts, hot chocolate on a stick, a few crafty food things we made, and poppycock!


This was the second Open Bar we made for a gift exchange!
They're full of airplane sized booze.
It didn't quite make the monetary value, so the scratch tickets were added!
They're on Pinterest under perfect gift exchange gifts for guys.
I'll tell you the first guy that got one at Vanessa's staff party was afraid he'd get a candle!
He was very excited to see this!

For Vanessa's gift exchange tomorrow night, I made my world famous Pepper Jelly Tarts, and I might make a seafood dip for crackers. She doesn't cook...remember!? I have time!
I'm going with them for supper at the in-laws on Christmas Day, so will make an Ambrosia Salad, and my famous Double Layer Pumpkin Pie!
I might even get to play in the craft room on my days off!

It's dinner out tonight with the gf's.
They're getting Body Scrub from the previous post! 
The girls at work got the other 3!
The old hotel restaurant opened again in town, 
so we're going to try it! 

It's been snowing big fluffy flakes all day!
It's actually quite pretty, and we've warmed up a tad from the deep freeze last week!
I think we're just spoiled because it's been so mild!
And the Northern Lights have been phenomenal!!!
You need to check out Famous Amos on Facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/FamousAmosPhotography/
Not sure why that didn't show up as an URL!?

Better go, have a great rest of the week!!!
Eat too much, laugh too much...ENJOY!!

Hope you're all well!
Talk to ya later! 

PS: Famous Amos has a website!
http://www.famousamosphotography.com/aurora-borealis-dec202015.html
Check it out! He'll show you what the northern lights really look like!

5 comments:

MaryH said...

You are just phenomenal with all that you manage to get done..and then add in these wonderful gift baskets. So imaginative, and I can guess the work involved with all the homemade goodies. Somebody is going to be very lucky when they take these pretties home. Enjoy your time off work, sounds like you could do with some good relaxing. Enjoy dinner with your friends. Merry Christmas & Happy New Year too. TFS & Hugs

Patti J said...

I just love popping by here to see what you're up to! These baskets are amazing! Have a wonderful Christmas, Gail!

Anonymous said...

oh, yum, these baskets look fabulous! we'll be having another green christmas with temps around 7; celsius. lol. stay warm, enjoy your holidays and wishing you all the best of everything for 2016.

Diane said...

Happy holiday to you Gail, gosh what lovely gift baskets. Best of the New Year.

Hugs Diane

brenda said...

A very belated Happy Christmas Gail and wishing you a good 2016.

B x