Hello peeps!
I finished some Valentine's cards and thought I'd show you.
This was for Vanessa's boyfriend.
I found it here!
The hearts are covering up the 'your friend'!
This next one was for Vanessa and was very labor intensive!
Would it make you laugh if I told you I got it all together & realized I forgot the acetate!?
Hahaha, it was sitting on the desk!
Don't ask me when I thought I'd need it!
She thinks it's the "best card evah", and it's not even blue!
Isn't she lucky I wasn't annoyed!!
Remember this!?
I'm working on a card for a challenge.........
There was no hot water down the back alley this morning at Vanessa's.
So I bought 2 sizes of thermocouplers, and trotted over there after work!
Electronic ignition people, couldn't have fixed it if I wanted!!!
I did get it lit, but told her if it went out again, she needed a plumber.
The kids went to Edmonton for a concert on the weekend.
Vanessa asked me if I'd check the house.
Saturday, I trotted down the back alley.
Did I tell ya we had the blizzard that wouldn't quit!?
I shoveled the sidewalk, deck, and half the way to the garage!
Then I went in.
I have a bad habbit of turning her thermostat waaaay down.
So I thought I'd hang out to see when it kicked in.
Went & changed the furnace filter; I can't help myself!
I fired up her laptop in time to see the Facebook posting of the two of them with Dallas Smith.
I commented, "I'm at your house drinking beer!"
Hahaha, and they made it home for Sunday supper!
My friend P was here, and said, "My neighbor shoveled my driveway & walk",
and Vanessa said, "so did mine"!!
Oh, and because I'm a nerd, I found a printable password sheet......
I NEED this, my stuff is scribbled on little scraps of paper!
Better go, it's garbage day tomorrow, and it's not going to take itself out!
Got a few more things to do, and maybe I can work on the card that's on the go!
Hope you're all well!
Talk to ya later!
6 comments:
These are so cute, and I love your shaker cards (never having made one...not that brave!) Your daughter is very right to love hers, as it's beautiful. I'm amazed at your 'fixit' skills - wouldn't have had the 1st clue as to where to even start looking. Another lucky thing for your DD to have you so close, with ALL of your skills! Good luck in the white stuff. Hope you're not getting more with this next front that came through. Big hugs & hope things are going ok for you. Hang tough...I can see that you are a very strong, determined person. TFS
Gail, great cards! I think the shakers are fun, but soooo much work that's wqy too fussy. I may let them go, once my sequin stash goes down a bit! Lol!
Ooh wow Gail they are so beautiful l love both cards but the shaker card is gorgeous with all those hearts! your so nice too knowing there wasn't any hot water you came to the rescue good for you xx
How you find time to make cards Gail is beyond me! LOving your first card with the tyre prnt running through it.
I think your shaker card is the bestest too! Briliant colours and design, glad you got it together lol..or the shaker would have only worked the once!!
I have word association with my passwords..well it works for me.
Chrissyxx
You do lead a very interesting life, young lady!!!!
Great cards.
One of these days I might get ambitious and do another shaker card. I rather like them.
Myra
Great cards, both of them, but I just LOVE the one you made for Vanessa! And for the blizzard that wouldn't end... I know people who have to live through it every year and all the time can't relate but just this morning I thought I'd better get on a flight to Boston where the snow isn't going away either. But spring will come :-)
Post a Comment